Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: INVASION 1944 DEMO IS OUT; Link is here...  (Read 11353 times)

Strangelove

Re:INVASION 1944 DEMO IS OUT; Link is here...
« Reply #15 on: 27 Apr 2003, 14:12:18 »
I'm only getting 30KB/sec... must be crowded  ;)

15 mins for me.

Cheers guys  :thumbsup:

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #16 on: 27 Apr 2003, 16:21:07 »
i get a

config.bin/cfgrecoils"weapon name here"

whenever i fire a weapon

btw great addons although putting them in seperate classes would have been nice

Mr_Shady

« Reply #17 on: 27 Apr 2003, 16:32:08 »
Call me stupid, but how do you set up an MG on a tripod? I know that I44 made a big fuss about this, but I can't do it for love nor money. I even read the readme, but it didn't tell me much  :(

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #18 on: 27 Apr 2003, 16:43:08 »
tbh, even though the units are fantastic and all but the documentation that went with it is pretty poor, also im still getting that recoil error.

Offline Capt Ryan

• Members
  • Heil Myself !
    • Capt Ryans World War II Adventures
« Reply #19 on: 27 Apr 2003, 16:49:41 »

If anything else is overloaded , you can download the demo here also :

http://www.ofpww2.dk/

Ryan

Capt Ryans WWII Adventures -  http://www.ofpww2.dk

Offline benreeper

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: 27 Apr 2003, 17:50:37 »
My apologies ;D.

Great Work and thanks.  They managed to exceed my expectations.

Ben

soliceseven

« Reply #21 on: 27 Apr 2003, 18:31:00 »
while the models are great im very upset to wait this long with this much hype and none of the fetures that were so touted were included no mounting mgs on tripods (or instructions on hoe to do it) no fox holes nada not even a mission with all the hype on what made i44 differnt from the rest of the pack it seems like a let down wich was by waiting to release this mod in a demo form and not peice meal addons was suspose to avoid right? and the read me was crap i hope i44 makes this right.

ps i realize this is a free mod and respect the work that was put into it but if it wasnt redy i would of rather waited i think I44 needs to look at BAS and learn some things like not release unless its the very best.
just my 2 cents

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #22 on: 27 Apr 2003, 18:32:32 »
if you would read a little he mission was bugged and will be released soon.

soliceseven

« Reply #23 on: 27 Apr 2003, 18:43:00 »
i did. my point is the fetures that would make i44 top shelf (ie foxholes arty deployable mgs) are not there there is no documentation on if they will be there or not. and i have the bugged release the readme is the same and all thats there are some mp missions that arent very good

fetures and good mission are what makes the best mod teams (and i love ww2 stuff been following i44 from day 1) but at very least there should have been better info and if the fetures and missions were bugged they should have waited.
also there fetures were touted to not be dependant on missions (ie in mission scripts) so where are they????

we have all seen the screens of the kick ass i44 fetures and there not here and they didnt even say word one in the read me about it one way or another in any of the versions they realeased?????

all im saying is more teams should follow BAS's lead.......if it aint badass wait and make it bad ass

SFG

« Reply #24 on: 27 Apr 2003, 19:24:17 »
We never said foxholes in the demo, thats for the full mod...

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #25 on: 27 Apr 2003, 19:50:51 »
yay another responce and not one bit of help ayayayayayayay

lawrie5

« Reply #26 on: 27 Apr 2003, 20:27:45 »
Well ive got the i44 demo and theirs some things i liked some i was less amazed with but overall it looks to be quite a job well done,

when u edit u tend to find urself doing that more than u actually play ofp (oh god what happened) so typically i ran to desert island to check out the units (i rarely make fancy missions just quick bloody brawls lol)

Ive never been a big fan of the grey german infantry the textures look always to me a bit mottled and the foto chops for badges etc (u can almost detect the recreationist sites the graphics came from) However then their paratroopers were very good, same technique to their artwork but working a lot better.

Um my favourites were the american units in general they looked good, as for the vehicles there was some disparity in my opinion with great looking halftracks then more rushed looking vehicles like the tiger. Thing is tho overall quite impressive, weapons were ok tho some again not as amazing as others out there.

In the end u always have to be careful how much hype you develop too as it creates an almost impossible standard for amatuer programmers and modellers to meet, the advantage of getting lots of excited (almost immature newbie support) like on the comments page can as quickly as its won, sour instantly over issues like delays etc (things editors understand) that others dont.

Which is a shame or demos like this can end up getting remembered more for their buggy release fiascos than what is some great content.

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #27 on: 27 Apr 2003, 21:28:44 »
I downloaded this and it is indeed, very good.  I just wish I had the patience to make my own good missions.

done.

Strangelove

« Reply #28 on: 27 Apr 2003, 22:51:19 »
Ahhh... that effing avatar.  :gunman:

Personally, I love all this stuff. The tank, obviously, is much better than many of the betas that have been flying around lately, though sadly only in desert camo. The four different number versions are a nice touch, though I hope this ends up as something you can change with setobjecttexture (like the noseart on STTs choppers).  

The halftracks are special, just missing some appropriate sounds. The jeeps, meanwhile, are boss... just like the one's my Action Men used to drive in the Seventies (eh, change subject...).

It is a shame about the missing MG placement thingie but how hard can this be... you've got all the models, it just needs a few triggers using getpos, getdir, camcreate, setdir and removeweapon to set the thing up, then triggers checking distance with addweapon and deletevehicle to pick it up again (the whole managed with a radio command, or an added action). Show a little initiative  ;)

Suffice to say this is the best pack since the Nam stuff and that we've now got all the necessaries to do some full WW2 campaigns. Better still, loads of great stuff is coming up... updated Red Devils with a Cromwell, the Krupp Protze / Pak 36 combo, planes, bombers...

Oh, piddle... I'm in employment...

SFG

« Reply #29 on: 27 Apr 2003, 23:08:30 »
It is a shame about the missing MG placement thingie but how hard can this be...
Its activated with a script, i'll get sussmori to post it.