Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Textures  (Read 1289 times)

Endless

Textures
« on: 04 Feb 2003, 02:30:35 »
Hey im a new modder and i have made my first gun. I am having a problem with textures, i know how to apply them in oxygen but what do i have to do to get them to work in oxygen i just used my regular picture that i started with put it over it and pressed b but notin happens so what special thing do i have to do?

Endless

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
Re:Textures
« Reply #1 on: 04 Feb 2003, 17:52:54 »
Did you select the faces you want the texture to apply to?
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Endless

« Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2003, 23:57:48 »
"Now it says cannot load texture" and sometimes "Warning: Texture Name is To Long"

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 05 Feb 2003, 17:22:51 »
OK, textures have to be in a particular format.

Size has to be power of 2, eg 128 x 64, 128 x 128, 256 x 128, 512 x 512

Your best bet is to work through Brsseb's crate tutorial and see if you can see his textures, if you can then your textures are either not the right size or in the wrong format (eg you need non interlaced gifs).

Filename too long is probably a result of you not following the readme files when installing.

There is a limited length that texture names can be and this includes the whole path.

For instance if your texture is called a.gif it might be too long if it in the folder

c:\games\operation flashpoint\oxygen\my_model\a.gif

Generally it is recommended to place textures in a folder directly from the root directory, eg

c:\my_model\a.gif

Brsseb tutorials provide a full run through of set up, and setting options like path to .dll files in Oxygen that could be the root of your problem. If you work through a few of his fine pieces of work it will help you with all Oxygen work.

There is a sticky above this post with a link.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Endless

« Reply #4 on: 06 Feb 2003, 02:50:29 »
yea i did do the berssbs thingy and i know what the format has to be and all that stuff but its not working...

Eagles Talon

« Reply #5 on: 06 Feb 2003, 04:43:12 »
ok, so you selected the faces you wanted the texture on, then went into texture mode (wile the faces were still selected) loaded a texture, streched it over the object you wanted, hit B then went back to the selection mode, and unselected your model, and it showed up in bulldozer as a white shape still??  (the key is that you have to select the faces first, if you just stretch it over the object, it won't work) another helpful tip is after you hit b, you can go on to another texture in the same window (even if you can see the other one, after hitting b it is going to be there no matter what, this confused me when i began to use o2),          hope this helps
later, Talon :afro:

Endless

« Reply #6 on: 06 Feb 2003, 23:20:40 »
I know how to add textures.... Its just not workin

JFK

« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2003, 21:15:34 »
yeh iv got that to, i dunno whats wrong

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2003, 13:57:39 »
If its saying texture name is too long have you changed the name of the texture.

to something like a.tga?

If its a valid texture size and a short path (even my c:\panther\filenme is too long sometimes) and you have done all the .dll copying and flashpoint.cfg moving then I don't know.

Albus Dumbledore