Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: scramble trigger / other questions  (Read 570 times)

kingneb

scramble trigger / other questions
« on: 20 Apr 2003, 07:21:59 »
 >:(Baffled

- How is it that you create a situation where if an enemy soldier sees you, or you fire a shot, or you kill an enemy that some tank crews will enter their tanks?  The same situation should work for aircraft, the situation with the tanks and aircraft does occur in regular official missions.

- How is it that you (the player) request a waypoint (move) over the radio to show.  For example, you are at point A and want a course to point B.  Once your at point B, or anywhere along the way use a radio call (such as radio hotel) to show a waypoint back to point A, and use 2 radio calls to make it possible to switch back and fourth between the two courses (point a waypoint, point B waypoint).  

-How do you get "a group" (not ungrouped) of soldiers to stay put when a mission begins.  My situation calls for 3 guys (in a group) to be sitting on the alert (not to the AI's point of view but for looks) around a campfire.  Or in the SpetzNatz camp, a table with maps on it.

-I thank anyone who can offer  me replies and information regarding these topics. I am strongly looking foward to replies.

Kaliyuga

Re:scramble trigger / other questions
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2003, 07:42:53 »
- How is it that you create a situation where if an enemy soldier sees you, or you fire a shot, or you kill an enemy that some tank crews will enter their tanks?  The same situation should work for aircraft, the situation with the tanks and aircraft does occur in regular official missions.

Make a trigger ....  your side detected by the enemy side..

give your tank squad a waypoint where they will hang out until you're spotted...

make the next waypoint a "get in" waypoint for the desired vehicle

synch the 1st waypoint with the trigger you made...

now the second (get in) waypoint will not show for the AI until the trigger has gone off

As far as the second one goes... I'm not too sure what you're lookin for ... I rarely use waypoints anymore and it would seem to me that  in your scenario of

Once your at point B, or anywhere along the way use a radio call (such as radio hotel) to show a waypoint back to point A

that if you had started at point A you should know your way back without the need of a waypoint..      I think you can move waypoints dynamically perhaps ... you might want to look into that aspect of it ...

And the third.. if you're using a sitting animation for those guys around the fire.. they're probably sitting down as soon as the mission starts  and then standing back up again .. some sort of loop has to be made for them to continously do an animation...

If there is an easier way .. I'm sure someone will point it out ;)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:scramble trigger / other questions
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2003, 09:30:02 »
I think doStop helps in making the loons stay still at the start of the mission.

Your first and second questions are all to do with switch triggers.    Search the forum and you'll find a ton of examples.  
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play