Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The Truth about WW2 Mods  (Read 915 times)

Parker

The Truth about WW2 Mods
« on: 19 Apr 2003, 04:53:39 »
As many of you know, I am one of the original founders of WW2EC. I enjoyed my time there until the recent problems. Even after my resignation I still witness the same problems occuring. Therefore, I feel it is the time for the fans to know the truth about what's really going on with WW2EC, Invasion 1944, and the goat, Lawrie. I have written an article that includes everything I KNOW to be true. Before you jump to conclusions or post a reply, I suggest everyone read this article. I know I will be making some enemies, but I want you to know I have no vendetta against anyone and I wish everyone the best of luck in addon making. However, this just needs to be said.

I have included the text of the article. A full online version can be found at http://ofp.axlegames.com/~ww2ec/parker/truth.htm
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2003, 04:54:35 by Parker »

Oskar

Re:The Truth about WW2 Mods
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2003, 05:02:11 »
Damn, i hate that ww2ec got into the wrong way. Assassin told me all the time on msn that Lawrie was a traitor and so on and was trying to break down the team. Geez its just a game Assassin!

sussmori

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2003, 05:48:09 »
This isn't entirely accurate:

1. the conversation between Soldier and myself was part of the setup, ie. Soldier showed it to lawrie

2. "through the inside source Lawrie mentions in the above conversation, he was able to view the I44 Staff forum"

this is BS, we've only had a staff forum in the last week, before that we used a mailing list

3. We have not been working 2 years. The old team died out mid last year and the new i44 only really go started late last year.

4. "Am I the only one that finds it strange that as Lawrie was trying to organize WW2EC, I44 jumped at the chance to help make him into a traitor? Isn't it also ironic that after Lawrie was "expelled" from WW2EC for apparently attempting to get Sussmori the PAK36, WW2EC decided to share the PAK with them anyway?"

I jumped at the chance to show lawrie's lying ways because he was trying to split up i44 by accusing our coder of leaking addons (which you can see clearly in conversation). This is BS.

Captain Winters

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2003, 05:53:29 »
God Damn, peeps. Sound like a friking soap opera. It's just a game. No onw's head need to be bitten off (lol- Irrp,from waaayyyyy back. [3ID]_Matrix anyone? yea that was me)). Hot Damn! Lets all calm down! HAVE FUN!

Tanks!  8)

Nilcoireion

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2003, 06:04:29 »
yeah right sussmori lawrie's been editing way before u and has too much honor to be as low as u are trying to steal addons...

Wonders what happened to AIA's Shinano Aircraft carreir

THATS RIGHT IT CAME OUT IN THE OPEN (LEAKED)

Right its 6am here im giong to bed!
night everyone

Scoobs

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2003, 06:18:58 »
Im tired of this guys.........  All you ego's talkin crap against Lawrie need to shut your mouth..... This guy helped put outone of  the first WW2 Pack..... I love I44's work but so far you've only been able to release a small taste of your work.... WW2AT's was out last year..... Then after a Tank Pack..... Sure there were bugs in it alot, but for the timethis was amazing to see.  WW2EC your modified WW2AT's (Marcell's) weapons, Your working on an O2 Pack of you guess it WW2AT's Units.... Mostely done by Lawrie.

Lawrie is one of the founding fathers in WW2 Addons for OFP......
It is amazing to see you 2 snapping your little heads at Lawrie......
WW2EC....... :\ not funny anymore,  Lawrie first comfronted me on this issue a fewdays ago and Asked me where he could get a site.... Ya know Vetrans..... Well thanx to my deep roots in OFPRC There is another Rival for you.....

Tired of this....... Stop it now
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2003, 06:20:30 by Scoobs »

Swatdog

« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2003, 06:52:55 »
I have one word for this bullshit........

IMMATURITY!

I have been OLD friends with Lawrie since OFP came out. He spent countless hours showing me his great WW2 addons. Then one day... Lawrie dissapeared. You know why? Because of this crap. Now, recently, i've met up with my good friend again. Guess what was doing during his time off? Still making addons.... FOR FUN! FOR A GAME!

Sussmori, I dont know you. Nor do i know your "MOD" that well. But other people do. Shame that they must hear about this. What was exactly going through your head when you threatened to not hire Lawrie at the "Invasion 1944 Mod" unless he stealed the PAK? You should be damned. This is a game. I (as an addon maker) make addons for FUN, as do other addon makers for sure.

GAMES shouldnt have this much politics in them as the World War 2  OFP community does right now. Dont you think? Obviously not.

It is a bunch of fuckin bullcrap that the ofp community has to deal with the shit that the two largest WW2 mods put on them. And it's a bunch of bullshit how a human being (Lawrie) must leave the Community because his potential and popularity was so low over a god damn lie.

Immaturity.

Swatdog

Btw... Lawrie has expressed interest, and has asking my help in making a new WW2 mod. A WW2 mod that wont put this crap on the community. A WW2 mod the OFP community can trust.

Lawrie has requested me to post this link to everyone thats viewing this topic: http://aia.tacticalblunder.com/html/index.php.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2003, 06:59:16 by Swatdog »

Offline Jonno

• Former Staff
  • (retired)
« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2003, 10:26:28 »
*sigh*
Whether this is true, part true, the fact remains that it isnt appropriate to post it on these forums.

*Topic Locked*

7 P's, Proper Planning And Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance