Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Vehicle respawn /w smoke: Questions.  (Read 936 times)

Baphomet

Vehicle respawn /w smoke: Questions.
« on: 14 Apr 2003, 05:04:17 »
I'm quite interested in using the newest version of Doolittle's vehicle respawn script. Only I have some questions about it.

First of all how does the respawn after abandonment work in that script? I'm not particularly good at deciphering script but it seems like the criteria is relative to distance, the other is time (from observations). I don't know where to modify the variable that governs how long a vehicle must be unattended to be classified as abandoned.

I remember in some other respawn script. Whether it was Doolittle's I'm not sure, but there was a timer and only when the timer hit a certain interval would it check to see if the vehicle was occupied and, I can't recall the exact details but sometimes if you didn't time your usage of the vehicle to the timer of the abandonment detection, the vehicle would destroy itself and respawn even though you just got out to fetch a gun.

Does this script know when someone gets in the vehicle and when someone gets out at any given time. So it doesn't delete itself while you've just gotten out for moment?

I don't know how to modify some of these things, although ideally a countdown to respawn after the vehicle is nowhere near someone at a minimum distance would be better than it just disappearing after there's nobody within 100m. Allowing for someone to come along and make use of the vehicle within that time frame before it's re-placed into it's spot.

I made a quick fix for my other problem. The vehicle respawning after blown up far too quicky. I just added 15 seconds before the vehicle was deleted.
#notalive
_vtype = typeOf _v
~15
deleteVehicle _v

I'd appreciate anyone's input if they have at least a marginally better understanding of it than I do.

Baphomet

Re:Vehicle respawn /w smoke: Questions.
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2003, 05:21:29 »
Actually. Just figuring out how to extend the abandonment timer and getting rid of the range based deletion altogether would fit the needs of my mission perfectly.

Anyone want to help? =P