Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Wave2lip. What the hell!?  (Read 399 times)

Storm-Dk

Wave2lip. What the hell!?
« on: 06 Apr 2003, 18:28:11 »
HI

When i downloaded wave2lip install file, and I tap it nothings happen.
Can it have somthing to do with my windos? I have 2000 if sombardy ask.
Pleas help me!

Storm out ...

Offline Lykurgos

• Members
  • Member of Decapitator
    • My ftp site (contains few mission etc...)
Re:Wave2lip. What the hell!?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Apr 2003, 19:17:27 »
The Wave2lip program has caused millions of problems.

Here is how u use it:

Make sure that the directory, where it is, doesnÂ't have any other files, so itÂ's empty.

The Wave2lip doesnÂ't work by double-clicking it. You must search a wav. file and then move it with your mouse into the Wave2lip icon. It SHOULD create a lip file in the same directory where the wav file was.

But still this program doesnÂ't work with a lot of people, including me.  :'(

P.S Why the **** BIS doesnÂ't make a new version, that can be opened by double-clicking and works with all computers?!?

P.P.S DonÂ't think I hate the BIS, I just love the game that it has made.
You are right of course, to go alone would be crazy. You will be my driver.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #2 on: 08 Apr 2003, 08:26:56 »
Here is the trick to wave2lip:

A) First of all, both the program AND the wave file must be in the same folder before you drag the file onto the program.

B) Secondly, there CANNOT be ANY spaces in the path to the program and file. For example, placing them on my desktop won't work, because the path to it is this: "C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew\Desktop". There are spaces in "documents and settings", so it won't work. If I just put it in the C drive, it would work, because the path would be: "C:\".

I hope this helps. I know I had the exact same problem with the program. It wasn't until recently that I read a post explaining how to get the thing to work. So spread the word whenever possible!
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

RP

« Reply #3 on: 08 Apr 2003, 20:04:51 »
Well, didn't know about the spaces thingy, but it allawys worked for me. I usualy make a copy of the wav file, and paste it to the folder were i have Wave2Lip, then delete the copy after i get the lip file.
It doesn't have to be in the C directory, cuz i never had it there, and it has allawys worked.