Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 2 ques...  (Read 643 times)

titan

2 ques...
« on: 06 Apr 2003, 19:11:34 »
firstly what exactly is a gamelogic and how wld u use it in a mission, ive ssen it in missions but never used it my self.

and secondly...what goes in between the sqaure brackets of a script    [...]exec "....sqs".   is it a unit name or smething?

SharkDog

Re:2 ques...
« Reply #1 on: 06 Apr 2003, 19:15:38 »
Game logics are mostly used as cameras in cutscenes.

[] exec "something.sqs"

the [] doesnt stand for anything as far as i know, you can just put it in the init field of anything you want, and they will exec it.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #2 on: 06 Apr 2003, 19:16:14 »
1. A GL is an invisible thingy, that you could use for several different things. For example give a unit a go order to the position where the GL is, camcreate a bomb there or setpos sumthin there.

2. That is different from script to script. Read SnYpirs introduction to code snippets.
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2003, 21:30:28 by The real Armstrong »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 06 Apr 2003, 20:44:19 »
Armstrong's advice is sound.    A gamelogic is just an invisible unit.   It can do pretty much anything a unit can do:   follow waypoints, ride in trucks (handy for when you want the seat next to the driver to be empty, but you want some loons in the back), all kinds of things.

For many scripts, you put nothing at all between the square brackets  [].    When you do, it is specific to that script.  It could be a unit, or several units, or markers or whatever.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Der_Richter

« Reply #4 on: 07 Apr 2003, 00:09:05 »
Thanks macguba. just browsing actually made me realise i could save seats in trucks with GL. Never thought of it. this has to go in an upcoming mission.  8)