Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Donations accepted!!!  (Read 5870 times)

Offline hubba

• Members
Donations accepted!!!
« on: 04 Apr 2003, 08:59:45 »
Running OFPEC costs money. Electrical bills, internet bills, equipment, bills bills bills. So we are in dire need of your support. Any donation is greatly appreciated.  The link is at the bottom of the front page.

Regards,
HuBBa
Ofpec Management

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:Donations accepted!!!
« Reply #1 on: 04 Apr 2003, 12:34:07 »
OFPEC Management? LOL

should really read:

Fear and worship,

Hubba,

Your one and only God

well, i'll see what i can do fella... im a student so i'm pretty skint, but ive donated everytime u lot have needed it, so as soon as the old pay cheque comes in i'll send some your way - and a bottle of champagne u big cuddly truck driver  ;D
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Kaliyuga

« Reply #2 on: 04 Apr 2003, 20:03:03 »
Electrical bills, internet bills, equipment, bills bills bills

Is the beer budget included in the "bills bills bills" part?   ;)

I'm but a starving University Student myself ... but I may be coming into a bit of  a small inheritance  soon and I'll be sure to ante up when I do ;D

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 04 Apr 2003, 20:25:25 »
I donÂ't even got a bankaccount yet :D. So I canÂ't donate anything I guess. But I would if I just got more cash/month and my own bankaccount.

Agua

« Reply #4 on: 05 Apr 2003, 16:38:44 »
Sent a little bit your way.  Can't do that amount regularly, but I really appreciate the resources made available here.  Keep up the good work.

Offline hubba

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 05 Apr 2003, 17:47:22 »
We muchly appreciate the very kind donation Agua. And you are now officially a OFPEC Patron (as it shows beneath your nick =).

Oh. and the person named Holly who gave us a kind 20 Euros. Please contact me with your username. I can't find your email in the databases.

/HuBBa

Offline Archangel Scream

• Former Staff
  • OFPEC Former Staff: Audio editing & mission review
    • Britecorp
« Reply #6 on: 06 Apr 2003, 17:31:20 »

What's your bandwidth/disk space usage?

Offline hubba

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 06 Apr 2003, 22:36:42 »
Roughly OFPEC uses about 2-5 % of the availible bandwidth so we have some size to grow in. The problem is that the server is not strong enough to serve out more than it does now. When we didn't have a throttle on it, it usually stalled dead around peak times. With the throttle even though it goes a little bit slower, it always serve out to clients.

As for disk we're well covered there. The OFPEC server has 60 gigs, and uses about 5 of those. So we have place for a LOT of addons, missions, tutorials and forum posts :)

/HuBBa

lis

« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2003, 05:43:21 »
i'd send some monies... but i don't even have enough dollars to pay my rent.. let alone eat ^_^ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

i can donate lotsa hugs tho ;p

Offline hubba

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 29 Apr 2003, 09:34:57 »
Hugs are always welcome :)

Eating comes first  :D

lis

« Reply #10 on: 29 Apr 2003, 09:55:51 »
* lis sends hubba a cheque for 10 thousand hugs

Swatdog

« Reply #11 on: 16 Jun 2003, 05:19:59 »
i'd send some monies... but i don't even have enough dollars to pay my rent.. let alone eat ^_^ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

i can donate lotsa hugs tho ;p

Sweet, silly, Lis. :P

I'll send money to you and help you with your food budget... And maybe your rent.  ;)

Shaggy

« Reply #12 on: 18 Jun 2003, 04:58:33 »
 :'( I hope this isn't the first episode of OFPEC going bust..please lord no! I need this website.. the last 2 months of my life has orientated around it..reading lots and getting idea and great tools and addons etc..i cant let this happen.

I am a student also and also unemployed, i live with my parents  :'( and thats all i can say about that. Though I have ruflly £7 (GB Pounds) in my bank account I will put £4 in it and send you off £10 ASAP..i need at least £1 to keep my account open ;)

It will take 1-2 weeks though, i never really get money :(

But i cant let this happen.

Edit:

How much does OFPEC really need?
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2003, 05:00:30 by Shaggy »

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #13 on: 18 Jun 2003, 11:15:45 »
oh not much.. say the national income of Luxemburg should do the job..  ;D
Not all is lost.

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 18 Jun 2003, 11:40:58 »
Shaggy (and all other donators), your donations are much apreciated. :)

But don't let them close your account.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2003, 11:44:09 by Sefe »

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #15 on: 21 Jul 2003, 05:00:22 »
Hi

My mom recently sold our house so im coming into a large mount of money

$50,000

So i think ill be able to spare ofpec some money because apart from my house ofpec is my second home.
so now my house is gone one of the lucky administrators is about to get a flat mate

hahahahaha

Thanx

ill send some money soon

Tim
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #16 on: 22 Jul 2003, 12:59:36 »
Hi again

Umm hubba this question is for you, how would i go about making a large cash donation.

Sui said i should ask you or tigershark about this

thanks
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Offline hubba

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 24 Jul 2003, 21:58:38 »
The simplest way to do it is probably through Paypal or Kagi. They do have a upper limit but you can always do multiple donations =)

That way everything comes in through the right channels.

And to answer an earlier post re: how much do we really need. Currently our monthly cost for just running the server is $150 (it fluctuates a little). This is only the costs for running. Added to that are hardware upgrades & fixes which is harder to calculate.

The things i'd like to do now is get a new MB, Mem & CPU and set up OFPEC on a faster box and have the current box only be DB server. This would improve the speed quite a bit (since the DB part is taking a huge toll right now and have priority over the httpd).

All donations are greatly appreciated but don't worry. OFPEC won't disappear in the forseeable future.

/HuBBa

Offline goki

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 08 Sep 2003, 11:35:30 »
Hi guys !    

I wonder that if Ofpec is giving donating members a symbolic gift or some simple but meaningful thing in terms of appreciation-beyond-nice-words? I see your cynically smiling faces at the moment.

lolls don't get me wrong please, I'm not opportunist but come on, imagine yourself as a donating member, and confess wouldn't it be a fabulous sentiment to have a special mission / script or just a game cinematic ( intro or outro ) which is only sent to donating members?  

Lolls my profession is advertising so brands and perception is my job indeed. Therefore trust me about this issue. I claim that this works very well and donations can increase.

"substantial appreciation reinforces attitudes - and therefore - behaviors"

so long,

-gokistanis

« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2004, 22:54:50 by Gökhan - OPERATION FLASHPOINT TURKISH UNION »