Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MLRS  (Read 2000 times)

bmgarcangel

MLRS
« on: 04 Apr 2003, 04:40:55 »
is there an MLRS out there?  If not, could someone make it?

Yippyfn

Re:MLRS
« Reply #1 on: 04 Apr 2003, 05:01:21 »
I saw something about some MOD making an MLRS with indirect artillery, I think it was on some news site like Opflashpoint.org or Ofp.gamezone.cz. Looks pretty cool.

bmgarcangel

« Reply #2 on: 04 Apr 2003, 05:19:10 »
any idea on release date for this?  oh and what exactly does indirect fire mean?

jreaperST

« Reply #3 on: 04 Apr 2003, 15:46:06 »
you can get an MLRS on the addons, vehicles section of www.operationflashpoint.cz
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2003, 15:46:23 by jreaperST »

Peter Eyres

« Reply #4 on: 04 Apr 2003, 22:08:53 »
although they say it works with all 1.46 and upwards. It dosent. Really annoying that >:(

bigdog632

« Reply #5 on: 08 Apr 2003, 03:52:36 »
indirect fire from what ive been taught....i was trained on the MLRS means ya dont shoot right at it the rocket is like a cluster bomb and destroys everything around it but generally ya cant see what your shooting at and dont know if you hit it right away unless someone is watching it

thats my definition here is a more accurate one
Indirect fire weapons include artillery units equipped with either field guns (howitzers), or heavy mortars. Artillery is that part of an army that controls the bigger, long range weapons, formerly referred to as cannons. In battle, the artillery's role is to provide fire support for the infantry, cavalry, armor and other units. The projectile, rocket, missile, and bomb are the weapons of indirect-fire systems. Indirect fire can cause casualties to troops, inhibit mobility, suppress or neutralize weapon systems, damage equipment and installations, and demoralize the enemy. Historically, more combat deaths have been caused by indirect fire weapons than by any other means, hence the designation of artillery as the King of Battle. Most casualties to troops in an indirect-fire attack are caused by the initial rounds. Best results are achieved by a short engagement at a high rate from as many weapons as possible.

Offline woofer

• Members
  • Honi Sout Qui Mal Y Pense
« Reply #6 on: 09 Apr 2003, 22:07:30 »
Direct Fire

Fire that is put on target via line of sight.
Eg Rifles, Machine Guns, Some AT weapons

Indirect Fire

Fire that can be put on a target that is out of line of sight.
eg Mortars, Artillary

Offline Jonno

• Former Staff
  • (retired)
« Reply #7 on: 10 Apr 2003, 10:56:28 »
You may of either seen the MLRS by G8 mod, but this doesnt have indirect fire (you have to see the target to hit it).
G8 mod:
http://www.ofp.info/G8/

But also we at Project UK Forces and Chain Of Command are making an MLRS together.

UKF page:
http://www.concept-5.com/ukforces/MLRS.asp

CoC page:
http://www.thechainofcommand.com/graphic/coc_mlrs.htm

and a picture of it atm, ignore the tracks they are from an MT-LB atm, and the lights ;-) , im too lazy to take a screenshot of the fixed version.

7 P's, Proper Planning And Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 10 Apr 2003, 13:16:11 »
*does the happy happy dance*

I'd take CoC any day, along with Project UKF.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

bmgarcangel

« Reply #9 on: 10 Apr 2003, 20:07:23 »
I wish people would really spend a good amount of time building MLRS's.  The I downloaded from OFP.cz, the driver, when you are a driver, the sterring wheel is a fricken nintendo control.  WHY DON"T PEOPLE TAKE IT SERIOUSLY AND CREATE SOMETHING WORTH PUTTING IN MY MISSIONS!!!!!! >:(

I'm a little pissed right now, I will take a break :P

Offline Jonno

• Former Staff
  • (retired)
« Reply #10 on: 10 Apr 2003, 20:15:48 »
dont worry, I did the interior from reference, and model kits to get it as near accurate as possible. withing the poly limits I set myself.  ;)
7 P's, Proper Planning And Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

desert_storm_dude

« Reply #11 on: 20 Apr 2003, 07:50:01 »
Operation Gulf War is making one, we are almost finished

Mav

« Reply #12 on: 23 Apr 2003, 22:57:28 »
I wish people would really spend a good amount of time building MLRS's.  The I downloaded from OFP.cz, the driver, when you are a driver, the sterring wheel is a fricken nintendo control.  WHY DON"T PEOPLE TAKE IT SERIOUSLY AND CREATE SOMETHING WORTH PUTTING IN MY MISSIONS!!!!!! >:(

I'm a little pissed right now, I will take a break :P

HAHAHA ;D

..it's so true :D:D i do agree, did they think they were funny having that shitty nintendo control?

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #13 on: 25 Apr 2003, 00:11:08 »
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

FatJoe

« Reply #14 on: 25 Apr 2003, 00:15:25 »
Shouldn't we report this dirty statement made by KTottE here?  ;D