Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Aircraft Carrier  (Read 828 times)

fragsta

Aircraft Carrier
« on: 29 Mar 2003, 18:27:23 »
I know that there is the LST, but it sucks cuz its static, and also i found an LSD sumwhere which carries helicopters, and thats really cool (Although they slip off),  but sum1 should make an aircraft carrier, a really massive one that works exactly the same way, with the catapult thing for planes, and lots of people working on it. It should also have a couple of guns on it, otherwise it wouldnt b as good, cuz the person using it couldnt defend himself. And it could use navy men 2 control it if they havent already been made. Has this already been done or is it in production or am i just saying that someone really should do it now!?  ???

Offline KevBaz

• Members
Re:Aircraft Carrier
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2003, 18:36:08 »
i smell new blood

ya new around here aintcha laddy

fragsta

« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2003, 18:44:27 »
how did you know? oh, i know, i bet its the thing saying I'm a Llama and Posts:1! I bet it is... but anyway wot duz every1 think of my idea?

JerryK_387

« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2003, 18:55:30 »
It's not that you say "I'm a llama"... its because since the beginning of addons... there have been people trying to make aircraft carriers. I hope one does get done soon though, if somebody finally does. Suppose we'll have to wait until ofp2 though due to engine problems...

fragsta

« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar 2003, 19:08:45 »
well how hard can it be? can't they just make it so when you click something like "launch" in the action menu, your aircraft is flying? it doesnt even have to look good, just work. And they should make something so that it can carry vehicles and not just people.

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2003, 21:20:24 »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2003, 21:23:24 »
Presumably you guys have spotted this, I post only for the sake of completeness.

Pity the Invincible class doesn't have one  :P
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2003, 21:26:14 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 29 Mar 2003, 23:21:28 »
dont need it when ya got harriers m8 ;)

fragsta

« Reply #8 on: 30 Mar 2003, 14:30:06 »
Kevbaz when is that guna b completed, bcuz that wud b cool! how do u use the launcher for that? is it like the one by watsizface...?

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #9 on: 31 Mar 2003, 03:05:27 »
Ehhh mate that's the Falklands War Mod- British Air Craft Carrier it will be released when their mod is complete ;)  it will be cool :) :) :D.

As for an american carrier everyone wants one it will just take time, be patient it will be here shortly.

Yippyfn

« Reply #10 on: 01 Apr 2003, 02:00:27 »
Fragsta, you just have to understand that some things in OFP are simply impossible. Maybe the Carriers aren't and maybe someone could make a script or something for the catapult but I wouldn't get too optimistic.

fragsta

« Reply #11 on: 01 Apr 2003, 22:09:39 »
someone did make a script for the catapult but it uses a trigger. I'm now trying to make a script so that it gives a speed boost wen u do an action that says "Speed Boost!" I did it at one point but it went too fast and I can't remember how anymore!