Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Could not find ...  (Read 1108 times)

Hunted

Could not find ...
« on: 30 Aug 2002, 22:50:39 »
Hello all,

I am certain that these questions have been answered in the past/old OFPEC forums. But here it is since I cannot find anything relative to the questions in hand.

Q: How do I make a West/player squad soldier/unit recognise an enemy soldier/unit from a distance?
(Recon)
Therefore having a certain objetive met.

Q: How can I have a Captive soldier/man/woman be rescued by playersquad reliably and then the opposition treats the Captive as an enemy once rescued by the playersquad?
(I have tried and tested the rescue it worked but the enemy only attacks the playersquad not the captive) :help:

Q: How can I have a playersquad get certain information from enemy camp by reading a map or getting close to a desk/table?
(Has to do with trigger?) :hmm:

I know that by scripting all these things could be accomplished but being a scripting dunce I would really appreciate it if these things could be done by just typing some commands in the Initialization fields and by using Triggers and Waypoints. :beat:

Once again, Thank you all for helping this lazy newbie out.
:joystick:  
Hunted...

Bremmer

Re:Could not find ...
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2002, 02:15:07 »
Hello Hunted  :)

Try the following:-

1) Try the knowsabout command. eg Stick a player unit and a tank called enemytank1 on a map. Place a trigger with condition player knowsabout enemytank1 > 1.0 and on activation hint "recon successful"; "1" objstatus "done". When the play has had a good look at the tank the trigger should go off.
This command is great for recon, you should be able to tailor it to almost anything you want.

2) Set the soldier captive (named bob) at the start of the mission using bob setcaptive true in his init field. Set up a trigger that allows you to rescue the soldier (eg  player distance bob < 10) and use this trigger to bob setcaptive false. Once the trigger has been tripped bob will become fair game for all the opposing force.

3) Place a trigger over the table/map, and sync it with the player. Make the condition whatever you want to happen when the player read the map. Hay-presto - when the player breaches the trigger your response will happen.

If you want any more detail please feel free to contact me by IM.

Cheers

Hunted

« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2002, 20:48:14 »
Thank you very much for the prompt response, Bremmer!
I really appreciate it.

I will try those and report back here.
Again, Thank you. :) :beer:

Hunted...

Gameer_77

« Reply #3 on: 01 Sep 2002, 12:41:10 »
2 may not work if the captive guy is a civvy. If it doesnt then you'll have to do some mission.sqm editing. Don't worry its easy ;)

But if hes a west/east your allright.

8) PEACE