Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Groud to Air machine gun trail  (Read 2467 times)

O Neil

Re:Groud to Air machine gun trail
« Reply #15 on: 13 Apr 2003, 23:25:10 »
Sweet as, cause I couldn't get it to arc, nor slow down, I'm gonna hjave to look at this ;)

Think I'll make a cut-scene too........actually, I've already got a half one, I'll just take out the addons (It's for AIA mod)

O Neil ;)

titan

« Reply #16 on: 13 Apr 2003, 23:39:18 »
ahh, AIA...i know them. What site they on now, as there previous one was sold (i know cause i know the owner of it).

If u want any more help with scripting, let me know...(just remember that im a beginer!)

O Neil

« Reply #17 on: 14 Apr 2003, 00:00:40 »
http://aia.tacticalblunder.com/html/index.php

Man, gotta see that underground bunker!

Anyhoo, prob with the mision is that it has addons, I'm not that into addons, but I did try out the scripts along with my flak script, umm........it still didn't arch, and I still could get it to arc. I think I'm doing something wrong here  ::)

O Neil

O Neil

« Reply #18 on: 14 Apr 2003, 00:03:45 »
Cut-scene with:

"C130v1a",
"HAUBITZE"                        

O Neil

PS: I haven't finished it yet, I've just been workin' on it from time to time. ;)
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2003, 00:06:17 by O Neil »

O Neil

« Reply #19 on: 14 Apr 2003, 00:05:55 »
Cut-scene without the:

"HAUBITZE"

O Neil

PS: You need RES of course
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2003, 00:06:56 by O Neil »

titan

« Reply #20 on: 14 Apr 2003, 00:10:34 »
where cld i get the HAUBITZE, so i can view this mission?!

titan

« Reply #21 on: 14 Apr 2003, 00:29:44 »
ive had a look it, pretty good (but short)!

whats exactly wrong with what u want to be scripted that ur having probs with?

O Neil

« Reply #22 on: 15 Apr 2003, 01:55:32 »
...about the habuzirnrewhjbn  thing, don't look at it, I should have really put it there, there's only one of them and it only shows up once  ;););)

Yes I know it's short, but I haven't been workin' on it much, but I have been workin' on other vid-mission, all tied in with music. If you wanna check it out, it should be up in OpFlash.co soon, I hope.

About the script, You said you could get it to arc sorta, I can only get it to "shoot" straight up in the air, sometimes you see tracers comeing sorta HEAD ON to the planes, that's the almost empty shilkas (as not to bloody kill the planes, but that happens anyway cause of the flak script  ::) )

O Neil

Pandoz

« Reply #23 on: 15 Apr 2003, 05:36:08 »
ok in my original script the [0,random5,300] is the [X,Y,Z] array part of the script....sorry like i said i dont have my scripts anymore so i dont know how the hell i got it to launch the tanks...i am not really interested in OFP a whole lot anymore...too many games too little time...but i still play with my group every once in a while. ok explanation time...

0=X so it doesnt move east or west...err whatever X is represented by
random5= the script generates a number between 0 and 5 (0,1,2,3,4,or 5) everytime it hits that array in the script...so it gives the shot a slight arc to one side and then the next bullet doesnt follow the same path...never got it to work out really great.
300=speed going straight up aka vertical speed...much slower=bullet disappears and does nothing...much faster and the tracer becomes invisible without slowing down the game due to the fact that it is going too fast....have fun playing with the script guys...i know some1 out there can make a kickass script based on that crummy thing...have fun

Pandoz

Offline chops

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: 13 Jun 2003, 16:09:05 »
I've been trying, without success, to make a script where runway marker lights (from the addon) follow a bullet once fired, to look like tracer, as the OFP tracers are crap;

_missile = nearestObject [player,"M60"]

trace = "SmallRunwayMarkerGreen" camcreate [(getpos _missile select 0), (getpos _missile select 1), (getpos _missile select 2)]

trace inflame true

#loop
trace setpos [(getpos _missile select 0), (getpos _missile select 1), (getpos _missile select 2)]

? isNull _missile : exit
goto "loop"

the script is called from an event handler "fired".

it doesn't work at all and I have no idea what I'm doing. This is where i got to from playing with that bullet cam script.

Thanks!

beowulf2014

« Reply #25 on: 14 Jun 2003, 04:44:39 »
FYI

In case you didnt know this, the "camcreate" doesnt work well in mulitplayer. No one but you on the server side can see these "effects"
its better to use the "createVehicle" instead. thanx ;D

see the best way to do this is like this
trace="SmallRunwayMarkerGreen" createVehicle [0,0,0]
trace setpos [getpos _missile select 0, getpos _missile select 1, (getpos _missile select 2) +0]

The +0 is actual height you want above the said target..here being _missile
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2003, 04:50:55 by beowulf2014 »

Offline chops

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: 14 Jun 2003, 15:56:02 »
It works!!!!

Beowulf, thanks  ;D!!

this is what I have written;

_missile = nearestObject [player,"RPG"]

trace="LargeRunwayMarkerYellow" createVehicle [0,0,0]
trace setpos [getpos _missile select 0, getpos _missile select 1, (getpos _missile select 2) +0]

trace inflame true

#loop
trace setpos [(getpos _missile select 0), (getpos _missile select 1), (getpos _missile select 2)]

? isNull _missile : exit
goto "loop"

And it works a treat! Only prob is that I can't figure out any names for any bullets in the

part. Any more ideas/sugestions/revelations??

thanks again!!!

R3dF0x

« Reply #27 on: 25 Jun 2003, 18:28:56 »
I suggest checking that the nearest object is actually a bullet or missile

?(_missile != "RPG") Goto "Exit"

^^ Soemthing like that ^^

O Neil

« Reply #28 on: 25 Jun 2003, 21:49:29 »
Hey

.....I'm soz guys, but I dunno what all this does. Would it be possible to put this all into a script (Or an example mission) so that we could just plonk it in a mission?

Thxs

O'Neil

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #29 on: 17 Jul 2003, 09:51:50 »
I think you boys are making this waaaaaaaaaaay too complicated. You are correct that you can't "dofire" on a gamelogic. However, you can "dowatch" a game logic, and thus make a machine gun point straight at it. Then you can make a loop of the "fire" command to make the gun fire. Then all you have to do is move the game logic around, and the machine gun will swing around firing into the air.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!