Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Holes in Pop-Up Target  (Read 1681 times)

Kaliyuga

Re:Holes in Pop-Up Target
« Reply #15 on: 28 Mar 2003, 20:05:04 »
 I'm still working on it guys... (and a million other things) ;)

just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten by any means....

Just going to take tons of objects to be made .. then compiled into a group... unless there is an easier way to do this that I'm not thinking of ....

Teryan

« Reply #16 on: 07 Apr 2003, 04:11:56 »
Any idea when this might be done?

I'm getting a little finger itchy... ;D

Teryan

« Reply #17 on: 08 Aug 2003, 21:34:52 »
Any progress reports on this?  It's been a long time, and i dont think i ever saw a release or anything else on it.

Teryan

« Reply #18 on: 09 Aug 2003, 06:42:18 »
I got this in my PM, so is anyone good at math?

I have it...and while not technically possible to accomplish it would require alot better math than I have I think..

the thing is that  any .p3d has a single armor value for the entire thing no matter how many parts there are.. that's why you can't damage only certain limbs/parts of buildings etc...  but when the total armor value is met the entire thing destroys..

so my initial thought to make a target with the center hollowed out and then add all the parts was a little off.....  

what it would require would be a single , hollowed out target that had a real high armor value (which i have by the way)  and then another, single small piece with low armor value that would represent a single piece of target to get punched out.

then you would need to figure out some complicated setpos or camcreate math for every single piece to stack them into position when the mission started...

So.....  The math part is what's got me.... and once Asmodeus, LCD and I started making OFP's first fully functional submarine  

everything else besides my island fell to the side for now..

we expect to be finished with the submarine in the next two weeks or so , and then will be looking at what's next on our projects list...

i know we have a helicopter project upcoming , but I'll mention the target idea to LCD when he gets back from Cuba in about three weeks or so ...

unless you know someone who can figure out the problem.. or want to tackle it yourself ...

I know it's possible..  just a pain in the  

kinda like the submarine come to think of it.. lol  

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
« Reply #19 on: 03 Oct 2003, 04:07:01 »
Hy,

i can do the Math. I had several semesters Math during my time in University, that should do the job.

Greetings
Kuro

Kaliyuga

« Reply #20 on: 05 Oct 2003, 03:33:59 »
 I'll see what I can do to revive this project as well...

It's just going to be horribly complicated I feel..  :-\