Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Op Drowning Soldiers (sad boat unloads)  (Read 516 times)

alterego45

Op Drowning Soldiers (sad boat unloads)
« on: 17 Mar 2003, 21:06:13 »
Hi all,

Have you ever heard a boat unload a squad into the Sea?  It's the funniest thing you'll ever hear....('ahhh'.....'ooow'....'ooooo'...'doh'....'eeek'....'arrrr').

(Short version) My boats are not dumping troops on the shore.

(Long version)  I have a few East boats dropping off 'AssignAsCargo-ed' troops.  If I put the Unload Transport waypoint on the shore, the boat magnificently leaps onto the shore and tries desperately to reach the wpt so it can unload.
  If I put the wpt further out to Sea, the men sleep with the fishes.

Sometimes...just sometimes I find the magic spot for the Tr Unload wpt.  The boat stops about 5 feet from the shore, and the men don't jump off the back...they just magically appear on the shore.  No jumping involved.
  Perfect.
  So I start up my mission only to hear the howls of pain from guys dumped into the Sea again (ie wpt works in edit, but fails in the MPMission).

Any help?

I have a Move wpt for the leader of the group, set a little ways onto the beach (~10m), so men get off, and move forward a few feet.  All members are AssignedAsCargo.  The troops are placed on the shore (away from the LZone), but appear in cargo so they are never really on the shore.  The TR Unload and 1st Move wpt (for the squad) are sync'd.

Thanks,

PS I could only find this snippet by Tiger (GENERAL SP EDITING: How to make troops unload from boats (Beginner) to help, and it wasn't enough.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Op Drowning Soldiers (sad boat unloads)
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2003, 22:15:04 »
I had a similar problem, I just experimented with the WP postion till it worked.      But I never had a difference between the Editor and actually playing the mission.

This turns up several times in official missions, why not un-pbo one and see how BIS do it.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Strangelove

« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2003, 21:19:55 »
If I'm reading you right Alter-ego, this is a simple problem.

Firstly, as the boat approaches the shore, make two WPs... one at whatever speed you want to move at sea but then one (the unload transport, set to 'limited') and placed in the water a short distance from the drop off point... that way the boat will have slowed down by the time it reaches the shore and wont attempt to act like a jeep.

Synronise the 'Unload Transport' with the passenger's 'Get Out' waypoint and stick this a little way up the beach.  

Surely you must either be using 'moveincargo' or loading your troops with a 'Get In' WP elsewhere, as 'assignincargo' does not actually put the troops in the boat.  ???

Josef

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2003, 21:59:00 »
Can't someone make a landing boat...

With an animated ramp...

I know you cant walk around inside it, but you could have a cargo proxy that made you appear inside the boat when you got out...

That way the boat could go to the beach, open ramp after it stopped, and you could all run out...

Iwesshome

« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2003, 22:10:47 »
Josef,

Go here... exactly what you are looking for

http://www.opflashpoint.org/addons.php?v=129

IW

Strangelove

« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2003, 23:53:41 »
Not quite...

The higgens has no animated ramp, yet...  :(

Well overdue, mind.