Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sky Diving Parachute.  (Read 1084 times)

ilangut

Sky Diving Parachute.
« on: 08 Feb 2003, 12:27:10 »
Ok, this is my first Post in this Forum (Addons Ideas)
So forgive me if i'm lame  :P

Can a square Parachute (sky diving Para be made for OFP)
A Parachute that lets you navigate (right-left, collapse)
What class will it be?

STO_blackbird

Re:Sky Diving Parachute.
« Reply #1 on: 08 Feb 2003, 17:04:44 »
i have no idea but i would love to have one, just think of the possiblities...untill now you can only do ejects(static line jumps are similar) or w/ a script do a HALO but their is no way to HAHO...if we could control our chutes then we could jump from about 5k out and glide in silently and land right on top of the enemy and have a knowledge of where they were from the glide down unlike a HALO drop.  

Rummy

« Reply #2 on: 09 Feb 2003, 20:48:40 »
me thinks a james bond idea could come into play... cant remember which one it is, but the one when brosnan jumps out of the plane at such a height and falls, only pulls his parachute when he wanted to.... there such a script?

Bibmi

« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2003, 14:30:03 »
Yup, there are plenty of HALO (high altititude low opening) scripts out there...try the editors depot..... ;)

ilangut

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2003, 18:56:13 »
I think the Major issue is not Halo opening
But the Chute control issue..

STO_blackbird

« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2003, 20:15:22 »
dont suppose you could set it up like a aircraft, w/o an engine, then you would just have to worry about how to pull the chute to deploy it.  these kinds of chutes are used a lot and makes up a very good insertion technique so i figure somone will try to make one.  

Pandoz

« Reply #6 on: 11 Feb 2003, 04:17:38 »
i was thinking about this a LONG LONG LONG time ago when a few NAA and my friends brought it up to me for further investigation.

The basic thing i see is u have a script that camcreates a vehicle above the guy when he pulls his chute and the chute could be a new design and the vehicle would be invisible u would then be setin the vehicle as driver and then now could move about...but im getting short more every day on time to work on OFP with school going all out nowadays so if u need any other ideas just PM me and maybe i can help ya.

[NAA]Pandoz

KaceILM

« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2003, 07:37:54 »
The chutes  in which you're all talking about are called Ram Air chutes. I've been thinking about this idea for quite some time and to  be quite honest, am still stumped. I've plenty of different models of the chutes themselves, but the animations, scripts and such are not my speciality. The whole concept of making the chute it's own vehicle doesn't seem to add up completely. Sure you could put restrictions on the turning radius, pitch and yaw control, but you'd need a bunch of scripts to 1) Open the chute, and have it use the same character you are playing. And 2) Have the chute disappear or collapse when you get within a certain distance to the ground. I'll keep working on it, but like i said, i'm HORRIBLE with scripting  ::) . If you have any suggestions, i'd be happy to hear them. Send me a private message.
   Thanks!
Kace

Vyper

« Reply #8 on: 16 Mar 2003, 22:58:34 »
Ones been made, no link but just search the Ofp.gamezone.cz archieve for a couple of pages and its yours!

Vyper