Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread  (Read 193441 times)

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
Re:Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread
« Reply #1185 on: 13 Nov 2003, 12:29:03 »
Hi Everyone

Those screenshots of the Pavies look really really good.

I just wanted to add that what BAS does for the community is just brilliant, i mean they do work tirelessly to bring us addons and they fork out the money for their server just so that we can see what there doing and eventually reap the benefits of their work.

I know its different to addon making but i myself write and produce music for various events and people and nothing sucks more than when you write a song and it takes up alot of your time and when u do finally finish it, all everyone can do is tell u what u should have added and what sounds bad and what instrument you should have used instead.
It really makes you feel like giving up sometimes because u dont seem to be able to please the audience.

Im all for "constructive" critisicm but after a while it starts to become, i cant think of the right word.......annoying and sometimes ungrateful.

Before BAS released the rangers/delta's i was starting to become bored with flashpoint but BAS has changed that with their high quality addons.
i mean a BAS ranger/delta and blackhawk pack is better than none at all

Keep up the good work BAS, Ur addons are always great and i(in my own way) can appreciate how much hard work u put in to them.

Thanx

Tim

« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2003, 12:31:41 by Timothy Pink »
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

SGT DrakeSavage

« Reply #1186 on: 13 Nov 2003, 19:09:58 »
New rangers, yes.

Door guns, no - its not gonna happen until OFP2 I'm afraid...

Features, a lot are still under development, so no info atm ;)

Are you gonna have a 2nd unusable doorgun on the Pavehawks or will there be only 1 like on the SOAR Blackhawks? (Please say 2  ;D)

Vyper

« Reply #1187 on: 13 Nov 2003, 20:22:07 »
I prefered the empty non-useable minigun on the MH-47E to the closed window of the MH-60's to be hounest.....madeit look like just a lack of crew rather than its just not there....and on the ground with all the fire of a kink firefight you just glance you see two guns so you get the illusion i think!

Just my tupence

Vyper

KyleSarnik

« Reply #1188 on: 13 Nov 2003, 20:38:36 »
That would require a change to the model, and I don't think BAS would be up to it... Especialy so close to release (hopefuly  ;D)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #1189 on: 13 Nov 2003, 23:43:28 »
No, 2 door guns are not possible, and will not be possible until ofp 2 (still)

The reason the H-60's only have 1 door gun is because the models are allready verhy high poly (the AH-60 is 6500 polys) so we didnt need the extra 700 polys that the minigun provides addig strain to the system.

For that reason, and the fact that 700 polys is a bit much for an eyecandy item, we dropped it, and it will be dropped from the MH-47 update too.

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #1190 on: 16 Nov 2003, 19:58:37 »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I was thinking it would be pretty cool to have a couple of hostage models of the rangers and SOAR pilots in this new ranger pack.  They could just be wearing their camoflage gear without all the equipment.  I thought of this because I'm making a mission with some american POW, and they look funny with the helmet and all the other equipment.  Just an idea.  Or is there already some hostage models somewhere?

p.s:  I havent played OFP, or checked any OFP websites since may or so, and it was a nice surprise to come online and find the blackhawks and tonal island.  I'm re-addicted to the game.  Good work!

Torak

« Reply #1191 on: 16 Nov 2003, 22:50:22 »
According to the rules of war, prisoners must be allowed to keep any protective gear - helmets, NBC kit, and so on - and just about anything that isn't dangerous and has no strategic value.

That's a fairly simplified summary, but they should still be allowed helmets and things.

Homefry31464

« Reply #1192 on: 17 Nov 2003, 01:27:08 »
For the most part, the enemy in the wars and conflicts we have been in lately don't follow the traditional rules of war.

In the pics about 11 or so posts down, where is that on Tonal??

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #1193 on: 17 Nov 2003, 02:10:30 »
Yeah, I dont think everyone follows those rules.

In the pics about 11 or so posts down, where is that on Tonal??

You mean this?

Thats just outside tatu on the road going west, di21. It's funny, thats where I first put my helicopter when I was first checked out the island.
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2003, 02:11:15 by UK_SKA_RULES »

SoldierX

« Reply #1194 on: 17 Nov 2003, 03:01:28 »
it'd be cool if the new rangers had an option to take off their helmets.

m21man

« Reply #1195 on: 17 Nov 2003, 03:15:16 »
it'd be cool if the new rangers had an option to take off their helmets.
Please, don't do this. Why would a Ranger want to take his helmet off in combat?!? Instead, there could be a helmetless Ranger for cutscenes, or missions with guys wandering around a base. I hate it when an addon has too many action menu features, you end up with something like this in the action menu:

Take Off Helmet
Lower Goggles
Comb Hair
Scratch Ass
Recite Poetry
Reload M4
Put M4 On Back
Drop M4
Drop M4 Mag
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2003, 03:17:55 by m21man »

meathead

« Reply #1196 on: 17 Nov 2003, 05:19:53 »
Man Ive never seen so much bickering before in my life!
You little girls need to hush up so you dont spoil it for the rest of us.
I cant believe that you guys would treat someone so rudly who does something for us out of the kindness of there hearts.  I enjoy the addons BAS makes and hope that all you whiners grow up and show the guys alittle respect.
If it was me I wouldve done said **** *** guys! and not released anymore work to the public along time ago!

Sorry had to get that off my chest.
I just wish there was something we could all do for the BAS team in return for all the great addons they made...

Ya know you guys would really be mad if they one day decided to require a *payed membership* or something like that. I know I for one would be mad as hell...
I also know I would be one of the first guys paying  ;D

THANKS BAS!!!  :D
And oh yea...the topic...
Will the Pavehawks come with working windshield wipers or not?  ;)

B-2-0

« Reply #1197 on: 17 Nov 2003, 05:48:12 »
I have a simple but annoying problem with the Blackhawks.

CHOPPER exec "\BAS_MAH60\FX\Cabin.sqs"

It doesn't work.

I have searched for an answer but can't find one anywhere.

Btw, i found a bug with Tonal Island, it is darker at 1800hrs in summer than it is at 1800hrs in winter.

Could this be fixed in the next update patch?  If there is to be another one of course. :)

*Ed* Ahem, i just found the correct code for the cabin light :)
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2003, 06:23:02 by B-2-0 »

Torak

« Reply #1198 on: 17 Nov 2003, 10:55:24 »
Btw, i found a bug with Tonal Island, it is darker at 1800hrs in summer than it is at 1800hrs in winter.

That's because it's south of the equator; in the southern hemisphere, winter is in June.

Yippyfn

« Reply #1199 on: 17 Nov 2003, 11:32:55 »
Lol :D