Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread  (Read 192930 times)

PunkerSXDX

Re:Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread
« Reply #105 on: 04 Apr 2003, 00:03:54 »
I don't know if this is classified or not but what are the current Projects BAS is working on? if it's classified, just say "I'm not disposed to discuss such, events should they exist or otherwise", I think it would be really cool if BAS went all Spec Ops on us all secret and stuff, it would be kind of fun any way...  ;D

P.S. On the Jellybelly subject, I don't think TS even knows, but Maybe we'll find a James Fredrick Ryan, who knows...  ;)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #106 on: 04 Apr 2003, 00:12:07 »
www.concept-5.com/ballistic

ever looked at the nav bar on the left hand side? not so much of a secret to be fair ::)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Hellfish6.2

« Reply #107 on: 04 Apr 2003, 04:42:56 »
Hiya

I know it's probably really early and you guys have already thought of it, but I want to write this down before I forget.

If you should chose to do Green Berets (on top of the SEALs, Delta and Rangers that you have or will be doing) I would like to request that you make one set as a kind of "covert" group, with the troopers wearing a mix of civillian and military gear. I think we've all seen the pics of the SF guys from Afghanistan wearing baseball caps, cut-off DCU pants and Soviet-style AK-47 ammo pouches. I'd like to see something like that.

So, you could have a 12-man A-Team in one grouping in standard woodland camo, another grouping in DCUs (though Delta and SF look remarkably similar... maybe this is totally unnecessary) and then another group in "Covert" skins:

Team leader will have an M-4, OD green pants, an LBV with a US Army brown t-shirt underneath and a New York Yankees baseball cap.

Radio operator will have standard BDU pants (unbloused, of course) with a khaki hiking shirt, AK-47 chest pouches and a DCU boonie cap.

Weapons sergeant will have dark blue jeans, woodland camo top, LBV, and a patrol cap.

and so on...

And, of course, all should have Oakley wrap-around sunglasses.  ;)

Just ideas, guys. I think a good blend of DCUs and woodland BDUs with civillian gear amongst the group will allow these guys to look fashionable in any battlezone, from Everon to Afghanistan to Iraq and even the runways of Paris and Milan.  ;D

A good reference, which I'm sure you've all seen, is www.militaryphotos.net. The Op Enduring Freedom section has a whole album of US SF and Delta and CIA guys wearing clothing like I described above. A lot of the pics I've seen of SF types in Northern Iraq show them wearing similarly mixed uniforms.

If you guys pull this off, I promise you that I'll make a nifty mission invoving a Trabant, three SF guys, a laser designator and a whole lotta fun. Smokey and the Bandit won't have anything on these guys.  ;)

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #108 on: 04 Apr 2003, 07:09:19 »
Its against the Geniva convention to wear civilian clothes and fight. That's why special forces were asked to shave because they didn't look like the US militrary.
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2003, 07:11:19 by Coporal_Punishment »

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #109 on: 04 Apr 2003, 20:17:19 »
umm...yeah...special forces in afghanistan been wearin civies clothes until VERY recently...just look at some of the photos taken....especiallythose that are supposed to be  Delta and SAS operators...and the reason they were asked to shave is because the conventional unit commanders they sometime operated with on patrols were complaining about them not looking like soldiers and conventional units wondering why they had to shave. thas why they had to shave it had nothing to do with the geneva convention.

Marsuitor

« Reply #110 on: 04 Apr 2003, 21:47:34 »
Read a quote by some Sassie who once said, "shaving is for parades and banquets, nothing which has anything to do with fighting f...ing wars!". I'll have to agree on that, and i also think the above idea sounds great! :)
Hope it gets done.

MMB

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #111 on: 05 Apr 2003, 01:09:37 »
BAS where is the Kiowa Warrior guys it says on wesite of yours release date 04-04-2003 but no download ;D

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #112 on: 05 Apr 2003, 01:40:21 »
yeah I saw that too...maybe their doing a late and sooo not funny april fools joke...

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #113 on: 05 Apr 2003, 01:54:14 »
If it is a april fools joke guys you missed 1 april  ;D
Ok now for real I saw a picture of the Seals on ofp.at it says you guys in beta phase I think you guys have some addons finished but want to release a whole together(please say yes)
Hope the beta phase goes well so there are no big bugs in beta and you guys release quality addons ;)
I really cant wait for the MH-60L and the Seals pack this 2 would be the BOM ;)
And 1 more thing I hope you guys decide to make a Aircraft Carrier too there seems no one to make one you guys have quality BEST models so you guys can make one you will make everyone happy with it but it is up to you guys ;)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #114 on: 05 Apr 2003, 02:00:21 »
I think it's funny!  ;D

But the Geneva Convention also says that Medics should wear arm bands with the Red cross on it, then they won't be shot, however most countrys don't really recognize the Geneva convention therefore the Red Cross becomes a target, that was how things happened in Japan during WWII so US Medics don't wear arm bands any more.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #115 on: 05 Apr 2003, 03:09:07 »
Funny after I said that the seals picture was over at ofp.at the picture has been removed ;D
What was wrong with that BAS guys ???

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #116 on: 05 Apr 2003, 03:12:33 »
Was it not supposed to be seen ???

viper172

« Reply #117 on: 05 Apr 2003, 03:38:41 »
over here it's still the 4th (canada) ;D

Chomps

« Reply #118 on: 05 Apr 2003, 03:56:54 »
Guys, check again, the link is working.  ???

Chomps

« Reply #119 on: 05 Apr 2003, 03:59:06 »
The .zip file does not seem to work, but the .rar and the demo missions are valid.