Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: PACK 1 - Early War German Pack  (Read 6294 times)

Strangelove

Re:PACK 1 - Early War German Pack
« Reply #15 on: 13 Mar 2003, 15:13:35 »
Surely there must have been some vaguely effective AT weapon... this really is essential... you can't have infantry running around with no means of dealing with a tank. The bazooka in the allied pack is great (are those MOH sound files  ;)?).

One other point... plz include weapon and ammo names in a readme... these were absent from some of WW2EC stuff... so I'm gonna have to de-pbo the files if I want to do any custom loadouts.

« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2003, 15:16:58 by Strangelove »

Strangelove

« Reply #16 on: 13 Mar 2003, 17:12:23 »
Actually... I take back what I said about the existing SS panzerfaust, it's fine... my confusion stemmed from the fact that tanks were showing no damage after one hit (if I got in the commander's seat). But I've just destroyed a Sherman with two hits, one to the rear, one to the side as it turned. So this is fine. No icon in the equipment screen, mind  ;)

lawrie5

« Reply #17 on: 13 Mar 2003, 17:34:38 »
I should imagine blood textures will be incorporated, im already done most the blood textures already for me german basic trooper (its just coding etc i need to sort) if ur interested in helpin me (in or outside ww2ec) give me an email...

As for weapons they will be 2 versions 1st with upminders weapons and an alternative with ww2ec, im not getting fixated by the weapons issue, but i can say that the units will be armed with relatively authentic to close equivelant weapons. Incidentally if someone was willing we could have a nice anti-tank rifle for the early pack?

Um im sure all the units will have handgun slots (if u mean in oxy) again as far as weapon icons etc, they will be coded to use other peoples packs (as in the unit cpps will require u to have the upminder or ww2ec pack depending on the version u want.

Um yes there will be a bandaged soldier, (wounded, there will also be a prisoner version) i like to give some character to the pack, not just a kind of clone army etc.

Strangelove

« Reply #18 on: 13 Mar 2003, 18:15:55 »
Sounds really good... not heard of upminder's pack, will have to investigate that one.

Can't help with oxygen, I'm afraid, but I'll do you a few missions if you like. Just started to do WW2 stuff, and loving it.  :D

Forgot to ask if you are including any advance sounds (e.g. custom footfall/equipment noise, german cries, warnings, exclamations etc.), as has been done with some of the other infantry.

lawrie5

« Reply #19 on: 13 Mar 2003, 18:58:42 »
hmm well if i had my own way that would be an idea worth implementing, um the general plan is for these packs basically to be accessible, so first of all so long u have another download like say upminders (moah conversion) or the ww2weapon pack (when thats eventually released) then all ull need is to pop one of my zips pbos in ur addon and then shabang ur away!

Compatibility is important for the addons, and so is balance, in particular among all the different tanks etc, (im going to recommend a new level of armor standardisation since i know something of tank armour and penetration values *ahem* for the ww2ec tanks.

Annnywwaaaaay... the pack wont take absolutely ages to do cos it wont be enormous, (i can go pack to expand it later) but its just so i dont spend my life on 1 project. The first pack i suspect will include 10 player models/variants, making in the editor about 15 units types. Due to the high level of unit customisation u wont get units looking the same as much as in other games/mods.

Strangelove

« Reply #20 on: 13 Mar 2003, 19:59:20 »
Groovy...

I tried out Upminder's pack BTW and it's generally good (well, it's MOH... but these great sounds deserve to be in a decent game rather than that linear 10 minuter ;) ), although I note there is strangely no bazooka (which I seem to recal is in MOH... or was that Hidden & Dangerous... it all blurs into one).

I REALLY agree with you about armour standardisation... I've been rigorously testing all the available tanks and AT launchers all afternoon so my missions are balanced and I've found some of the independent WW2 addons to be way off scale.

« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2003, 20:06:02 by Strangelove »

Offline punisher

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 13 Mar 2003, 20:27:02 »
hi
if you check out varios sites you will realise that up has released a updated version with panzershreck bazooka and pistol!
The Gimp clan- pushing the limits of OFP
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pigdogmeat

Strangelove

« Reply #22 on: 13 Mar 2003, 21:03:15 »
What version are we talking about? I just got this :

http://www.flashpoint.ru/data/addons/pehota-weapon/WW-2%20WeaponsPack.rar

from the other thread. 1.3 is latest, yes?

pepper2k

« Reply #23 on: 14 Mar 2003, 20:15:42 »
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/atwar/OFP/addons.asp <- they have the latest and final version of Upminders MOHAA weap pack.... But i warn you.. FILEPLANET ;P. urfgh.

Oddball

« Reply #24 on: 15 Mar 2003, 11:06:38 »
In the early war they noone were using machine guns like mp40 much. They used rifles mostly but they started to use machine guns later on.

Wrong worng wrong wrong WRONG. The entire german infantry squad was based around the Machine Gun with rifles and other small arms in support of said MG. Even the brits had the Bren as their centerpiece.

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
  • WWIIEC - Gracefully retired boss
« Reply #25 on: 18 Mar 2003, 22:36:15 »
Carefull!!! He said Machine guns, but he meant SUB-Machine guns..... (Like the MP40, Thompson, and Sten.) They DID have MG34's and MG42's in abundance, yes.... but that isn't what he said!

Xer0

« Reply #26 on: 18 Mar 2003, 23:19:31 »
Yepp I ment sub-machine guns. Im swedish you know. Not an expert on english.

lawrie5

« Reply #27 on: 19 Mar 2003, 15:55:58 »
Heres a very early pic of this french soldier im working on, as u will see theres a lot of work still to be done on him (like some equipment textures etc) should have him done relatively soon and then we'll release as a wee test beta this frenchey and germanishiwishy guy!

(then i can continue on other stuff etc)

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
  • WWIIEC - Gracefully retired boss
« Reply #28 on: 19 Mar 2003, 16:43:00 »
Hey... looking good. Has he got any weapons?

lawrie5

« Reply #29 on: 23 Mar 2003, 20:15:49 »
I believe me french unit will be armed with one of these fellows!