Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: deletevehicle variable  (Read 379 times)

Rokket

deletevehicle variable
« on: 07 Mar 2003, 13:46:35 »
I've found some good info on deletevehicle, but with my small brain and a weird situation, I just can't conquer a problem:

I'm using Bloodmixer's ap mine script (random wound/kill, excellent). Instead of just an invisible trigger tho, I've turned a handgrenade into an addon as a dummy mine (the top of the grenade looks like the trigger of a buried ap mine, it's hard to see and looks pretty good). Once the explosion is triggered, I want to delete the dummy mine.

I'm able to use deletevehicle to destroy the dummy mine after the explosion, but only in a single test: (name the dummy mine "mine" and use "deleteVehicle mine"). But if I have more than one mine, as in 20-30, I'm stuck. I can't name the dummy mines all the same thing, and I can't seem to get a count/variable thing working.

I need to name each dummy mine something different, but have the one mine script destroy each triggered dummy. "thislist" and "nearestobject" aren't working. I'm stuck.

Anyone have any ideas about using a variable in deletevehicle?

Rokket

Re:deletevehicle variable
« Reply #1 on: 08 Mar 2003, 08:41:48 »
I've solved it with a low-tech approach, I'm sure smarter folks could do better: I just call 2 scripts with the trigger, one to delete the mine, and this script is easy to make a variable. Don't know why I couldn't get it to work all in one.

Nasty Buttler

Re:deletevehicle variable
« Reply #2 on: 08 Mar 2003, 14:48:00 »
why not have a counttype trigger that counts the number of grenades then what it does is cross reference with the explosion script to measure the distance to all the grenades, and the grenade that is the closest to the explosion pos, delete it.....
i can see how u would code it, but im in the middle of something atm. If i remember to ill come back and help you with the code if you would like