Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Civilian inside factory, how?  (Read 1246 times)

1stJemHadar

Civilian inside factory, how?
« on: 29 Aug 2002, 02:00:33 »
Hi.
I need to place a few civilians on the basement of the main factory building (Coordinates Cd-52) just outside Petrovice on the Nogova island in OFP Resistance. The problem is, that whenever I try to put anyone in the house, the person ends up on the roof. I've tried to give the unit a waypoint, but for somereason the menu that let me choose the in house position" never appears, thus that doesn't work either.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

mikeb

Re:Civilian inside factory, how?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2002, 02:17:08 »
For the WP option for house pos to appear make sure it's diffectly over the point of the house where the name appears (zoom right in to get this).

Otherwise you could set the position using in the init field...

this setpos[getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, X]

Where X is the height above the ground.  If this does not work you may have to put [(getpos this select 2) - X] instead of the X (not with [] of course) to set a relative position to where he normally appears.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2002, 02:17:29 »
I came across the same problem in a mission I'm working on .. the best I could do is get a few guys on the roof and on the fire escape looking walkway on the outside of the building...
seems that you can place vehicles inside.. but put a unit right next to it and he's on the roof  ::)  

There seem to be no position numbers for this building... how the hell did they miss that one? LOL

Seems a BIS oversight will prevent us from using the building to it's full potential '

*EDIT* Negative there on both accounts there Mike B ...
The WP thing does not work on this building.. and setpos also does not work... that second syntax you mentioned might be the key here... adjusting from relative position *EDIT*
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2002, 02:19:05 by Kaliyuga »

Fishion

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2002, 13:15:06 »
Either use SetPos, this should work, or get into the
mission.sqm and edit the positions there
that should work

-Fishion

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2002, 13:50:35 »
UnitName SetPos [Getpos UnitName Select 0, Getpos UnitName Select 1, (Getpos UnitName Select 2) -10]

If hes starting on the roof, the above command should move him 10metres down from the roof.  In buildings the "ground" level changes, so you may have to move him either up or down.  Changing the value at the end of the above line will do what you need.