Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: THE AUDIO TOOLS YOU NEED - Quick Reference Guide  (Read 2417 times)

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
Re:THE AUDIO TOOLS YOU NEED - Quick Reference Guide
« Reply #15 on: 27 Feb 2003, 09:40:06 »
If you play the Taxman mission I made with the custom voices that use the "say" command, if a unit "says" a sound file 60m away, it sounds like it's 10m away. If I just tone down the volume, it still sounds 10m away, but just at a lower volume... know what I mean?

Probably the limitation of either your sound card and/or the games usage of EAX - which is NOT very good. The game has never handled directional sound very well. :-\
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

RP

« Reply #16 on: 27 Feb 2003, 16:40:38 »
Hey ebud,

if you find yourself stuck, send me a copy of the sound file and i'll try to fix it for you. I've made a template of the efx i used to simulate the outdoor invironement, so it wouldn't be much trouble for me to reproduce it.
You can send it to:

ruipadinha@netvisao.pt
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2003, 06:17:35 by RP »

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #17 on: 28 Feb 2003, 06:48:46 »
thanks for the info. Sometimes it does sound good, but sometimes it doesn't. RP I sent you a file to test it on. Hope it works.

Ebud
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

RP

« Reply #18 on: 28 Feb 2003, 20:00:57 »
to ebud:

i've now sent you back the processed files. In the quick test mission i made, they sounded ok to me.
I hope it works out for you.

RP

RP

« Reply #19 on: 07 Mar 2003, 20:34:19 »
Maybe it's time to solve this out.
I hope it can be one more sorce of information in the forums, especialy for those less familyarised with these kind of tools.
Thanks everybody, for the feedback you gave.

RP out.