Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BDRM with machinegun  (Read 3103 times)

RP

BDRM with machinegun
« on: 21 Feb 2003, 16:10:32 »
Hi addon makers.

I think that would be cool, what do you think?

Cheers, RP.

Top Gun

Re:BDRM with machinegun
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2003, 18:23:56 »
wot, u mean with say a 50. cal or a pk? cus i reckon they need some punch as well.

RP

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2003, 19:59:45 »
I think i've seen one in a moovie with a 50clb machinegun. That would give the law soldiers something else to aim at, and would be an alternative armed transport for East troops, in a cenario where a BMP eventualy wouldn't fit.

Top Gun

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2003, 20:42:06 »
Cool, heres another one, you know how BMP's have AA capabilities, well hows about giving the BRDM the same sort of thing, maybe a Strela w/ 5 rockets?

RP

« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2003, 00:39:07 »
You mean mounted on top of it? Don't know if BRDMs could have that kind of load, but if not, it shurely could be inside of it. I recently dowloaded the Hummers made by Operation Gulf War Crisis Team, and they have 3 diferent kinds of mounted guns - M60, 50.cal and Tow, (one for each model), so it shouldn't be very dificult to implement (having the skill to do it). And it would be nice to keep it realistic.

RP

« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2003, 00:44:31 »
wrong spelling, it's BRDM not BDRM.

Top Gun

« Reply #6 on: 22 Feb 2003, 20:56:30 »
I was thinking more of an AA version of the BRDM, to compliment the Machine gun equipped one you thought of. so like the BMP has a turret mounted rocket launcher, the BRDM could have a roof mounted launcher if you see what i mean, but remove the troop transport facility.

RP

« Reply #7 on: 23 Feb 2003, 07:22:35 »
Ok Top Gun, i see what you mean. Do you know if there's a AA BRDM in real life?

Top Gun

« Reply #8 on: 23 Feb 2003, 13:44:02 »
Well ive had a look but i dont think so, nearest i can find is a BRDM with a twin 50.cal setup on the roof... wot dya reckon?

RP

« Reply #9 on: 23 Feb 2003, 17:36:37 »
Twin 50.cal would give the helis something to worry about! But i think it's not possible to have 2 mounted guns in 1 vehicle in OFP. Anyways a 50.cal would make sense to me, cause the main role for this vehicle would be troop tansport and infantry support, much like the M113, leaving the AA task to more specialized units, like the Shilka. What do you think?

PFC_Mike

« Reply #10 on: 23 Feb 2003, 17:55:50 »
But it's not a 12.7 mm, it's 14.5mm. The HMG in a BRDM can punch holes through light armor and it puts people in two parts real easy. There is a BRDM with AA missles, I think they are SA-6? Someone else look em up

RP

« Reply #11 on: 24 Feb 2003, 00:32:10 »
Thanks PFC, we are not just 2 guys wrambling about the BRDM anymore :) But still...no feedback from addon makers...anyone?

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 24 Feb 2003, 21:02:54 »
But it's not a 12.7 mm, it's 14.5mm. The HMG in a BRDM can punch holes through light armor and it puts people in two parts real easy. There is a BRDM with AA missles, I think they are SA-6? Someone else look em up
Here's a good link to some armed BRDM's :

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/brdm-2.htm
In memory of Police Chief Inspector Arne Sigve Klungland 1950 - 2004
Killed in the line of duty 5. April 2004

Check out the new Norwegian Forces Studio's temporary site at: http://marsuitor.tripod.com/mmb/

RP

« Reply #13 on: 25 Feb 2003, 18:55:30 »
Thanks for the link Lt_Phoenix, good documentation about the BRDM. Now we just need someone willing to make the addon.

Cheers.

RP

Wires

« Reply #14 on: 26 Feb 2003, 02:05:57 »
First off you can't launch missile weapons from wheeled vehicles (The OGWC guys have it fire a bullet that simulates TOW). Ypu could however have a twin mg mount it would just have to fire out of only one point  :( There is actually a way to make OFP handle multiple weapon systems on the one vehicle but it requires over 100MB of coding ect to get it to work. Now before you all go and wet yourselves with excitment I didn't make this and so have no control over weather people will actually be able to d/l it. However I will make an effort to get the necessary files hosted at the ADF Mod site (see link below) If everyone had this then tanks could have AA MGs, choppers could have multiple guns, ships could have all their relevant weapons systems - the inmprovements to OFP in general would be incredible. There is a topic at our forum (part of the opflashpoint.org forums) dealing with this so join in if you feel the need  ;)

RP

« Reply #15 on: 26 Feb 2003, 05:08:06 »
Thanks Wires, sounds cool. I'll have a look.

bigdog632

« Reply #16 on: 27 Feb 2003, 08:59:17 »
the btr70 is similar to the brdm and has a MG i believe

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 27 Feb 2003, 13:12:12 »
The BRDM is a recon vehicle, whilst the BTR-70 is an APC.

An armed BRDM would be a good addition, especially since there are no armed light vehicles for the east out there. The west already has armed jeeps and HMMWV's

Check out the new Norwegian Forces Studio's temporary site at: http://marsuitor.tripod.com/mmb/

RP

« Reply #18 on: 27 Feb 2003, 16:17:25 »
I think i'd like to have them both in my addons folder.
Don't know why BIS didn't made an update to the BRDM when they relised the M2A2. I reckon the idea was to level things up betwin East and West vehicles, so the BRDM with MG would have been a good addition, as you have stated Lt_Phoenix.

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 27 Feb 2003, 17:38:06 »
You should be able to get hold of the BTR-70 either at:

www.ofp.info

or:

www.opflaspoint.org

you can also try:

http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/atwar/ofp/addons.asp

RP

« Reply #20 on: 27 Feb 2003, 18:52:38 »
Cool, i'm downloading it now.

I think it's time to solve this up, thanks to all of you guys!

RP out.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2003, 19:10:09 by RP »