Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Deltas and Rangers Released!  (Read 23721 times)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:BAS Deltas and Rangers Released!
« Reply #105 on: 27 Feb 2003, 18:59:42 »
or in my case, have a doody sound card, which is shite  ::)

the old soundblaster sblive card is a great card, just happens that on OFP it gets MAJOR static after a while in gameplay - nornmally set off by explosions... damn things.

lol

great pack - wish i could play on it more, but i am slightly crippled at the moment, so quite hard.

well done BAS
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

teeps

« Reply #106 on: 27 Feb 2003, 19:10:16 »
Well thanks for looking into it DeadMeatXM2 anyway.  One day I'll invest perhaps, but I have more RAM in mind for Forgotten Battles first...

Wasn't a complaint BTW, I love the units, they are fantastic, all hail BAS, etc!  ;D

Cheers,
Teeps

Strangelove

« Reply #107 on: 27 Feb 2003, 21:27:46 »
I've been playing through the Delta campaign on your site... all very entertaining. The models and weapons are great.

One thing I've noticed, is that (on my machine at least) there is a sound bug with the mp5 aimpoint which makes the gunshot repeat until you start walking again. Doesn't happen with auto fire, just single shot. This may merely be a prob with my computer, yet it does only happen with this one sound file, everything else is fine.  ???

Cheers, as ever, for the great addons.  :thumbsup:

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #108 on: 27 Feb 2003, 23:04:52 »
@strangelove, you may want to look at the Previous Page  ;) Dead Meat X talks about a story simmialr to yours

Strangelove

« Reply #109 on: 28 Feb 2003, 02:12:33 »
Bollocks... I got an onboard soundblaster that I have never worked out how to disable (not, I can assure you, for want of trying). Upgrading would mean new board, memory, processor AND soundcard.  :(
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2003, 02:14:33 by Strangelove »

Navy Captain

« Reply #110 on: 28 Feb 2003, 04:51:08 »
If you would want to dissable that on board soundcard; You would have  to do so in the BIOS. I had to do a similar thing with my on board vid. card when I bought a geforce 4 ti4400; I had to change the mode to AGP from the BIOS from what the Inboard card had in lamens terms; My vid. card that I had before was attached to my mother board; then I bought a new card and had to dissable the inboard one so that the Geforce 4 would be both detected; and Used as my video card for my screen to use.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #111 on: 28 Feb 2003, 05:20:57 »
Are we getting close to release date of the MH-60L ???

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #112 on: 28 Feb 2003, 06:30:16 »
Are we getting close to release date of the MH-60L ???

Yep and there's a Release Date too, BAS is aiming for
WHEN IT'S DONE!!!  ;D
sorry I couldn't Resist, but I too await Patiently the Release of the MH60L  :-\

Vixer

« Reply #113 on: 28 Feb 2003, 07:12:26 »
when is it done? = soon

pang

« Reply #114 on: 28 Feb 2003, 13:30:09 »
know what?
a crashed version would be sweet, kinda blackhawk down- style.
so we could make some "capture the electronical equipment" or "resue he pilots" etc missions  ;)

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #115 on: 28 Feb 2003, 14:01:01 »
this is not a bad idea! I loved the wrecked MT-LB in the MT-LB pack from  MAAC&MARFY (project Lavos). Wrecked versions of the addons are great for mission making.

Strangelove

« Reply #116 on: 28 Feb 2003, 15:36:41 »
Seconded... err, thirded.

Also, thanks for the various replies/messages vis my soundcard. Yes, I've disabled it in the bios, but it just goes nuts when I put my old a3d card into it, period. WIRES has suggested I just run it simultaneously with the onboard card and simply select whichever device I want in game. Sounds feasible, though when I think of disrupting my system again a chill hand grips my bowls...  :o  I may have built the thing, but don's ask me how it works.  ::)

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #117 on: 28 Feb 2003, 23:12:05 »
know what?
a crashed version would be sweet...

brilliant thinking  :-*

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #118 on: 01 Mar 2003, 00:37:14 »
A crashed blackhawk along with the existing BAS Delta/Rangers and the recently Mogadishu map would be a great combination.

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #119 on: 01 Mar 2003, 02:21:21 »
OK, I found a pretty major bug.  The units are invisible through the windows of gubas house.  I places one outside, I went inside and looked out of the window, I couldnt see him.  This has happened with the Woodland Ranger and the Desert Delta.  It probably happens with the other units and through other windows but i havent had time to experiment.

Im sorry if its been mentioned, but i quickly searched the whole thread for the words 'Invisible' and 'Window'.

Done.