Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Character Animations  (Read 684 times)

General Goober

Character Animations
« on: 07 Feb 2003, 06:10:02 »
Could someone please give me some idea on how to make character animations remain on for a particular time.

I have found trouble getting them to stay on for any length of time. For example, to use binos.  The unit uses them once and puts them straight away again and that is it.   Triggers don't seem to work unless I am doing it all wrong.

I have been using this command in the initialisation screen of a waypoint. Only way I could get it to work.

man1 switchmove "binocstandtostand"

The salute was the same.  The guy just gave a quick salute and that was it.  Tried a trigger without any luck.

Further, is there a new command reference manual out that I can use.  I found the commands pack to be very helpful but it does not appear to be complete.

teeBore

Re:Character Animations
« Reply #1 on: 07 Feb 2003, 06:29:02 »
Well I'm having exactly the same problem with the binocs Goober, but it may have something to do with their setBehaviour.

I used 'unit playMove "EffectStandSitDown" (or whatever it is), and the unit sat down and then stood back up again. He was setBehaviour "AWARE", but I changed him to "SAFE".

I'm thinking the problem is similar with the binocs, (I am trying to get a dude to do it using LyingToBinocsLying). I think also that if you give a unit an anim to play or switch to, he's naturally going to revert to what his normal behaviour is set to, whether that be setBehaviour, setCombatMode or something else that you need to change im not sure.

General Goober

« Reply #2 on: 08 Feb 2003, 00:24:24 »
I have got it working. Only he will not stop when detected by an enemy.  He is kinda of funny in a way it looks like he does not know what to produce a gun or his bino to hit the enemy with.  Thanks to a McHale script I have been fortunate enough to get it to work.

#start

man21 playmove "binocStandToStand";

~6

goto "start"

I am hoping a reply from Fox2 may resolve this problem.  His script may be the answer.

O Neil

« Reply #3 on: 08 Feb 2003, 05:40:59 »
I think I got your sitting prob.
You have to place the waypoint (Can be done with the waypoint ontop of him ) witch is either "Safe" or "Careless"
If he sees an enemy, he will stand up.

O Neil

Iaino

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2003, 21:24:35 »
For A Salute try this set behaviour "safe"; this switchmove "effectStandSalute"

It works for me!

2 Quik questions how do you make a guy sit in a seat? and make a guy move stuff on the table i have got the script but dont no how to use it?

plz help

PJK

« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2003, 21:39:55 »
Try this Iaino:

Player1 setBehaviour "Safe";
Player1 switchMove "FXStandUnivTable"

This should order your player to sit on chair, though you must put that chair right under his butt...

If you want to use script, put in trigger's activation field, or waypoint's activation field:

[] exec "script.sqs"

"script" is your script name. And to be sure, script must be in your mission folder under user folder.
If you want that your script is launched by object or unit, put in initiaization field:

this exec "script.sqs"

By doing this, script is launched right when your mission or intro begins.

PJK