Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Operation Frenchpoint !  (Read 7999 times)

DeLiltMon

Re:Operation Frenchpoint !
« Reply #45 on: 25 Feb 2003, 16:52:26 »
Great stuff! It's nice to see more variety coming to Flashpoint  8)

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #46 on: 25 Feb 2003, 18:46:24 »
Found a good link on the VLRA:

http://www.specwarnet.com/vehicles/vlra.htm

Looking forward to seeing the VLRA released.

Will OFrP be making French 1er RPIMa (Special forces)?

http://www.specwarnet.net/europe/rpima.htm
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2003, 18:46:56 by Lt_Phoenix »
In memory of Police Chief Inspector Arne Sigve Klungland 1950 - 2004
Killed in the line of duty 5. April 2004

Check out the new Norwegian Forces Studio's temporary site at: http://marsuitor.tripod.com/mmb/

BipBip

« Reply #47 on: 25 Feb 2003, 23:35:35 »
Hi

Great looking addons

Only thing I'd like to point out is that it's a pity they are one the resistance side. They'd be better off on the west side along with the other european addons (BW_Mod, UK_Forces and OWN).

Looking forward to your next release  

The fact is that the choice of the Resistance side was discussed. The Resistance side has a big advantage : you can choose its alliance with anybody. I mean you can simulate either battles againt forces of the east or west (or both ;) ) sides...

The backdraw, of course, is that you can't fight against the resistants...

This isn't a big issue as most of the "Foes" like terrorists are in the East side.

Great stuff! It's nice to see more variety coming to Flashpoint  

Thanks  :D

Found a good link on the VLRA:

http://www.specwarnet.com/vehicles/vlra.htm

Looking forward to seeing the VLRA released.

Will OFrP be making French 1er RPIMa (Special forces)?

http://www.specwarnet.net/europe/rpima.htm

Some versions of the VLRA were already released !! look at the screenshots from the FrenchArmy MOD above ;)
There is currently a VLRA Command-car (screenshot) and some Support VLRAs

For the 1st RPIMa, the variety of the MODs which cooperate to make the French Army come true for OFP will allow us all to have units from various units. Special Units should of course be made later, even if I can't give you any detail for this particular addon (I don't have myself any info on this developpement).

BTW, you can simply play with the 1st RPIMa with the standard French Infantery addon, as your article states :
The main weapon used by the 1er RPIMa is the FAMAS 5.56 assault rifle. For CQB the MP-5 series (esp the MP-5SD) is used as the main weapons. The Beretta 9mm is the standard sidearm carried by the soldiers. The ARWEN 37 mm grenade launcher is used in CQB work to launch CS gas into buuildings. The Remington 12 gauge pump shotgun is also used during CQB, to take down doors. They wear standard French camoflauge and webbing, except when doing CT/HR/CQB work.

They wear standard uniforms and the FAMAS, so you only need to add them a beretta ;)
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2003, 23:38:59 by BipBip »

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #48 on: 26 Feb 2003, 09:18:09 »

I know you all are interrested very much in the French Foreign Legion, the work made there is also very high quality, look at this :

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE forget about creating these units with berets these soldiers use helmet like every other military units in the world
tnx :gunman: :afro:

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #49 on: 26 Feb 2003, 09:24:21 »
there is an addon based on Mariners Korps from holland you can put and taking off  the helmets that could be very interresting for the legion

BipBip

« Reply #50 on: 26 Feb 2003, 19:13:26 »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE forget about creating these units with berets these soldiers use helmet like every other military units in the world
tnx  

Here I stand up and I say : not sure ;)

THIS is a picture of foreign legion troops actually deployed in Ivory Coast :

And there, regular troops also deployed in Ivory Coast (those are equiped like the "Patrol" troops from OFrP ;) ) :

there is an addon based on Mariners Korps from holland you can put and taking off  the helmets that could be very interresting for the legion

That's interresting, what's this MOD's address ?

Bronski

« Reply #51 on: 26 Feb 2003, 19:19:07 »
http://mods.kmarns.net/

Theres the address for the site with the mariners

BipBip

« Reply #52 on: 26 Feb 2003, 19:21:52 »
thanks !

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #53 on: 26 Feb 2003, 19:30:57 »
erf nice pics m8 but i dont think they was taken during a combat situation :gunman:

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #54 on: 27 Feb 2003, 23:16:01 »
to be honest i ve seen a documentary on tv on foreign legion in ivory coast and they r looking close from your units

DeLiltMon

« Reply #55 on: 27 Feb 2003, 23:41:28 »
It depends on their role, if the troops are deployed on peacekeeping duties then they may very well patrol wearing berets instead of helmets "to look less intimidating" although I'd be more worried about the automatic weapons they're carrying than their headgear.

BipBip

« Reply #56 on: 01 Mar 2003, 13:10:29 »
Hi !

for the beret issue, this is currently disscussed.

The oportunity of having either helmet or beret with a single action menu item is quite interresting, as it increases the immersive effect in the game ;)

I can also announce you that de Doc(umentation not doctor ;) ) part is now translated in english, so you'll perhaps be able to learn some details about the French operated materials ;)

BipBip

« Reply #57 on: 12 Mar 2003, 18:16:00 »
Hi !

Here are some news, about the vehicles that are currently in the works. They play a key role in the French Army Order of Battle (you already saw the AMX-40 Leclerc above...

Here is the famous VAB, an armored and wheeled troop carrier massively deployed in Yugoslavia from 1992 to now :

And the VBL, a light armored vehicle, which can be ampibious (a swiming car ;) ) and which can be equiped with various weapon systems on the roof from a classic MG to Milan anti-tank missiles or a video mast for scouting.

Hope you like them !

Those are currently early betas, so they are subject to many changes even in their visual aspect prior to release... of course, I can't give you any date... you know the trick : "Release date will only be announced when we are sure that we will be able to release completed and (as much as possible ;) ) bug-free addons on time."

« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2003, 21:49:57 by BipBip »

DeLiltMon

« Reply #58 on: 04 Jun 2003, 09:54:45 »
* Blows dust off topic  ;)

Just like to say that I'm very impressed by the Gazzelle and Puma, they fly and look great, can't say I'm a fan of the camo pattern but if that's what colour they're painted in real life then that's what colour they should be in OPF :)

Marsuitor

« Reply #59 on: 04 Jun 2003, 21:41:03 »
Bip,
i don't want to be a wet blanket here, these are some brilliant addons, but the ERYX isn't realistic ATM. Namely the range of the weapon, the 3rd person model, the optic and the ballistics need an overhaul IMO. If Frenchpoint is interested, i'd be more than happy to provide some in-depth info about the platform and help you out getting it spot on :)
IM me if you like.
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2003, 21:42:58 by Marsuitor »