Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Somali Soldier  (Read 1746 times)

Offline RT-SuperTron

• Members
  • Prey...you will be
Somali Soldier
« on: 26 Aug 2002, 00:26:32 »
 :)
Hey yall.

Im allmost 100% sure that I saw some Somali Soldiers somewhere in the OFP universe.

Please help.

[RT]SuperTron
+- PAIN IS YOUR FRIEND, IT WILL REMIND YOU THAT YOU ARE ALIVE -+

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Somali Soldier
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2002, 00:59:57 »
i donno if dere r somali soldiers but dere r som arabic soldiers  ;)

dere r uces middle east resistance on da resistance side nd can b D/Led from here

nd da PFLP troops (my friend nd my creation  ;D ;)) on da east side dat can b D/Led from here  ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Schoeler

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2002, 02:17:05 »
No, he wasn't a true Somali gunman, but rather like a West African soldier.  He was way too buff and short to be a Somali.  East Africans are tall, dark skinned, and thin with thin facial features.  This guy looked Nigerian or Ugandan, too light skinned and too big.  Hopefully, as with the new Vietnamese units coming out in 'Nam pack 2.0, we can get some oxygen made Somali gunmen that are more realistically designed.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2002, 03:49:52 »
why not Use regular Civies with AKs and give them Black faces or arabic looking faces (thats what I do). it looks good especialy with Resistance, then you have more Civies, and you can put them on the east side by editing the Mission.sqm file with notepad cahange their side to east, (or Res).

Offline madmedic

• Members
  • You can run.....But you'll just die tired.
« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2002, 08:39:26 »
I think I saw those too somewhere, and couldnt get them to download. I cant remember the website >:(
They were black soldiers with fatigue pants, ammo bandoliers, and no shirts.

Offline RT-SuperTron

• Members
  • Prey...you will be
« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2002, 14:36:28 »
 :thumbsup:

Yes madmedic, I knew I was right. I didn try and download them when I found them, but know where I need them, they are gone. Something tells me that I might have seen them in he old forum but im not sure, but like you madmedic im 100% sure know that I have seen them somewhere on the net.

Lets hunt that addon.

[RT]SuperTron

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #6 on: 28 Aug 2002, 17:30:46 »
They cannot be made correctly without maming new animations. I've tried to make VC, which are shorter and much skinnier. The animations pull the points in the model back to their original place in the xyz planes.

It won't work as far as I can tell, and I spent hours trying to get resized units to work correctly.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

Offline RT-SuperTron

• Members
  • Prey...you will be
« Reply #7 on: 28 Aug 2002, 23:01:47 »
 :hmm:

I guess we will have to wait for the release of a certain product  ::)

Thanks anyway guys.

[RT]SuperTron