Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ammo in Weapons  (Read 734 times)

General Goober

Ammo in Weapons
« on: 04 Feb 2003, 09:13:10 »
Have attempted to give unit ammo and weapons. Weapon in possession but no ammo.  Using ammo command "this addMagazine "Uzi" before and after weapon command however appears useless. Doing something wrongly obviously.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Ammo in Weapons
« Reply #1 on: 04 Feb 2003, 09:39:48 »
Examine closely the command reference in the Editors Depot and make sure you are getting the syntax right.    There is also a weapons and ammo listing in the tutorial section so you can check if you have the right names, though obviously it doesn't cover addons.     Try and make it work with game weapons first, then at least you know you have the correct command.

One tip:  always add a magazine before you add the weapon, that way the weapon will be loaded at the start of the mission.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

General Goober

« Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2003, 09:44:21 »
Yes, I did all that.  My unit has the weapon ok but no ammo to go with it.  The chamber is empty.  I tried putting the ammo command before the addweapon and still there seems to be a problem.  

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 04 Feb 2003, 09:55:54 »
hmmm, sounds like you have the wrong ammo name - ammo sometimes has the same name as the weapon, and sometimes it doesn't ......

Adding the magazine after the weapon still gives it to the dude, its just that (if its the player unit) you have to reload before you can fire.

General Goober

« Reply #4 on: 04 Feb 2003, 11:21:08 »
You were right. What an idiot I am.  I should have checked it more thoroughly.  Thanks again for your help.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 04 Feb 2003, 12:14:59 »
 ;) no worries, it's happened to us all ....