Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI cover & trench warfare--here ya go  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
Re:AI cover & trench warfare--here ya go
« Reply #15 on: 06 Feb 2003, 04:18:15 »
Hey Fox2.

Ok
1. I dont use switchmove

2. The script I use in no way deminishes the AI's awareness or his ability to fire or acquire target.

3. Here is a very small part of the main script ive been working on to solve the above issue.

A: Place yourself as west leader on map out in the open not behind anything (desertisland is good)
B: place a west soldier on the map next to you and group him to you, name him W1.
C: in his INIT field type--

dostop this; [W1]  exec "kneel_popup.sqs"

D: Place a grp of nasty east soldiers about 100m behind W1 so he wont see them. Give them a way pt up to you guys ( make it never fire, careless)

E. Place the kneel_popup.sqs script in your mission folder.

F. Preview but DONT give W1 any orders just watch him randomly kneel and popup then YOU SHOULD turn around and ID the east guys behind you, dont  tell him W1 to fire. Hell turn around shoot them (either kneeling or standing) then hell turn back to the angle that his formation designates (but he wont move) and  continue popping up and down again. ;D

Heres the kneel_popup script for u to try.

Like I said Ill post the full version later today with ammendments that allow for shooting over the sandbags etc.

_crew1 = _this select 0
#loop
? not(alive _crew1): goto "end"
_crew1 setbehaviour "combat"
_crew1 setcombatmode "yellow"
~1
#getdown
~1
_crew1 setbehaviour "combat"
~0.1
_crew1 setunitpos "up"
~2
_crew1 playmove "combattocrouch"
_crew1 playmove ""
~ (random 5) + 5
goto "loop"
#end
exit

like I said also Ill be needing script gurus to help with the final full trenchshooting version

Zay out

« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2003, 00:49:17 by Zayfod »
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Rubble_Maker

« Reply #16 on: 06 Feb 2003, 20:01:35 »
Zayfod, I didn't read all posts here coz Im a lil bit short of time right now, but did you try to actually *force* them to shoot? I mean using the "fire" command. You must specify an array with the weapon and ammo, and then they will fire no matter what. Issue a Dowatch and DoTarget and give 'em like 2 secs time to properly aim, then use the "fire" command. Also, use the "reveal" command to make sure they really know about their enemy!

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
« Reply #17 on: 07 Feb 2003, 06:42:03 »
Yer dude tried all you said in all combinations with very limited succes, like I said earlier they do fire but Its so seldom its a joke.

fire aint the same as dofire or commandfire.

ALL reports of the use of: unitname fire "m16"  or unitname fire ["m16", "burst", "m16"]

when used with dotarget or commandtarget show that the unit fires into the air, same with laws.

However tanks are ok apparently and u can set em up for a target. Cant see the point of the command otherwise

Anyways for a full report on the trenchces situation go to

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=27;action=display;threadid=6123

thanks again guys ;D

cheers Fox2 and Dolittle

issue is solved now looking for help tweaking.
Zay out
« Last Edit: 08 Feb 2003, 00:00:56 by Zayfod »
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
« Reply #18 on: 12 Feb 2003, 14:15:05 »
*********UPDATE********

Trench cover Script and test map has been updated. ;D

OMG these guys are EVIL NOW. Many fixes and extra features to the units taking cover. For a full update goto:

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=27;action=display;threadid=6123

Need someone to streamline it and test for MP.  ::)

Cheers Zay out