Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 2 Questions...  (Read 431 times)

HotShot

2 Questions...
« on: 02 Feb 2003, 18:37:53 »
1. How do you change a whole groups actions (ie. moveincargo helo1 or setbehaviour "SAFE") juts by typing a line in a tigger? I know there is one cause i've used it before but forgotton, its something like " _x moveInCargo helo1 " forEach Unitsgroup this

2. How do you make sure that a blokes name is a certain name, like Bob or something instead of Alan Partridge. Its used in the Cold War Crisis campaign cause on the radio command and group section on the briefing you're called Armstrong instead of what ever you're user name is. Get me? :-\

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:2 Questions...
« Reply #1 on: 02 Feb 2003, 18:53:03 »
1.   Yes you're right .... I can't remember the syntax either so check out the official and unofficial command reference guides in the Editors Depot.

2.    This one is all to do with a special file called description.ext.     You set up the identity in this file and then put a spell in the dude's init field.    I can't remember how to it this either so check out one of the tutorials in the Ed Depot, (I think its in OFP File Formats) or if you just want to see it in action look at the Tutorial Mission in Getting Started.    You can do other good stuff in description.ext like gear selection and arranging these nice gold stars you get in the mission debriefing.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

HotShot

« Reply #2 on: 02 Feb 2003, 18:54:20 »
Actually 3 cuase i need to know how to makea solider do push-ups constantly, i cna get a soldier to do about 4 then stand up using the action command, but i need the action to loop constantly so he doesn't stop. Thanks bout the other stuff. I didn't think stuff like that would be on the depot. ;)
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2003, 18:56:56 by HotShot »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 02 Feb 2003, 18:59:29 »
Everything is in the Ed Depot    ;)

Regret I can't help with the new question though.   Try searching the Ed Depot FAQ.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

HotShot

« Reply #4 on: 03 Feb 2003, 17:32:30 »
For anyone interested, the answer to the first question is the following:

"_x moveInCargo helo1" forEach thisList

Is typed in a trigger which is covering all the units you want to start in helo1.

And also you can use...

group this setBehaviour "SAFE";

to set a whole group as SAFE. This must be typed in the group leaders init feild.

Thanks to Liquid Silence from the OFP.info forum for this ;D