Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: modern USMC weapons  (Read 11772 times)

PunkerSXDX

Re:modern USMC weapons
« Reply #30 on: 04 Feb 2003, 02:22:01 »
I agree with bomberman

earl_laamanen

« Reply #31 on: 04 Feb 2003, 03:25:44 »
STGN - You're right.  I didn't pay enough attention to the M5 RAS for my GR mod.  The reason is has to attach that way is so that the M203 can be attached in place of the bottom rail section (with clearance at the front).  It also seems that the longest handguard panels are 11-rib (standard M4 forend length) so I'll use those like I did with the SR-47 and leave the front exposed, or I'll keep them covering the whole rails and just do some texture work to look like 11 and 5 rib panels.

I'll change my models to match the M5 system more closely, glad you pointed that out.

and this time make your rifle in the right size

And I'll try to make my models the proper size, because I don't want you to be upset.  ::)  

Bomberman said:
who really cares?!

I do.

Bosniarat

« Reply #32 on: 04 Feb 2003, 08:25:05 »
Hmm some of the problems with that photo is who uses the AN/PVS 4 sight system with the M-16? The AN/PVS 4 is mostly used anymore for the SAW 60 or the 240B. i used it once when i was active duty on the 16 but that was when i was in Basic and I was doing the night fire. With the PAQ-4b you can effectively kill a target at 200m (and I did it, so you 14 year old wannabes sit back and be quiet)  ;D but at ranges over that its pretty much useless. The 4s have more of a life with the big guns than the smaller weapon systems. Well that was fun! Anyways to regard to the M-16a4 I cant wait to play with it so have fun making it Earl!

HOOAAH!

STGN

« Reply #33 on: 04 Feb 2003, 09:43:00 »
Hmm some of the problems with that photo is who uses the AN/PVS 4 sight system with the M-16?
Maby the Israelis do caus it is a picture from there special forces web site.
STGN
« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2003, 09:48:59 by STGN »

Bosniarat

« Reply #34 on: 04 Feb 2003, 16:59:16 »
Your probleby right, I dont know what the rest of the world uses for night vision but i know the US uses it mostly for the larger automatic weapons.

.357 SIG

« Reply #35 on: 09 Feb 2003, 16:29:09 »
There are new ingame shots of Earl's M16A4 with Trijicon 4x32 ACOG attached. Check'em out at his site:

Baconbomb Modworks

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #36 on: 09 Feb 2003, 20:01:33 »
WOW  :o Looks Great

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #37 on: 10 Feb 2003, 19:08:16 »

Uuuh! Looks very cool Earl...

Is there a chance you'll make a M16A4 without any attachments, and maybe convert some weapons from you Standard Upgrade from GR (M249, M240, M82)?
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2003, 19:13:22 by CrunchyFrog »

Maurekk

« Reply #38 on: 10 Feb 2003, 21:29:47 »
looks very cool your Marines and the weapons! :o  :o  :o  :o

please tell me when will u release the Marines with your weapons????
 ;D  ;D   ;D

Offline Vera_Krieg

• Members
  • Your a Daisy if ya' do
« Reply #39 on: 12 Feb 2003, 11:23:46 »
I see alot of talk here.  Let me lay down the ACTUAL skippy on the USMC.  First off, ARMY IS NOT USMC.  We use the A2.  The single/burst(A2) being better than the single/full auto(A1) and the A3/A4 have those rails you have to clean, great more crap to clean.  Besides we like our handles.

So in summary, we unlike the Army, use what we've got, clean what we got, and like our handles.  No offence the Army fella's  ;)

In contrast i am greatly enjoying the Marpat.  I would ask only one thing, that a better Ghillie suit be made.  I like the one that BIS gave us but...

I am also glad to see the Golf and SAW, a bit of advice on the sidearms,  I know the MEU's use a modified Colt .45, the obvious standard issue for the rest of the officers is the berreta 92 FS though.

Last thing, if your as good as they say this ought ta be a nice addon, Even if I have to reissue the M16A2 back on the grunt.  ::)
Trained to Fight, Trained To Kill, Ready to Die, but Never Will.  Marines Make the Blood Flow, Blood Makes the Grass Grow...

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #40 on: 13 Feb 2003, 00:44:04 »
ARMY IS NOT USMC[/b

Oh boy. WHO SAID ARMY IS THE SAME AS THE MARINES!??? Don't EVER say this to a marine or he's gonna be really angry >:(. The good thing is he won't kill you, cause he promised to protect you(MARINES are serious about that, in any country's MC).

You like your iron sight??? My country's MC (RNLMC; the Netherlands) use the C7A1 and C8A1. Both have the Elcan sight. I didn't like all those scopes, but when I first saw the C7A1 I started to love them.
But you have MARPAT and we don't :-[. We still have US woodland. I hope they change that in the next two years. So when I join the marines I can wear MARPAT(or any other digi camo; I just don't like to wear a camo pattern that is allready used by a lot of country's; even Bin Laden wears US woodland. Marines should wear a unigue pattern so anyone can recognize them as marines)

but back to topic;
eh, well... great addon ;D

earl_laamanen

« Reply #41 on: 13 Feb 2003, 03:13:53 »
The last thing I want to do is start an argument about minor details.  I really want to make an accurate and realistic addon BUT there is always a certain about of licence for artistic or gameplay reasons.

The M16A4 is a new version of the M16 that hasn't yet been seen in OFP, and the info I have seen (albeit sketchy) states that the USMC is bringing some numbers of M16A4s into use.  I know that the M16A2 is still the standard rifle, that fact hasn't escaped me.  I think Suchey's idea was to look a few years into the future to see what the USMC might look like.  The M16A4 is a very minor upgrade to the M16A2, all it really does is provide more attachment points for optics and LAMs.

I never once suggested that the Army is the Marine Corps, some of the documentation I might have posted was just to prove that there is in fact an M16A4 rifle in the US armed forces.  

I have always planned to issue the M9 to regular marines, only Force Recon will have the .45

The minimum lineup planned for the Marines:

M16A4 (+PI M203)
M4 SOPMOD for Force Recon
M40A3
M249
M240G
M9
Modified Colt .45

Depending on time (and it's already looking short) other items may follow.

Bosniarat

« Reply #42 on: 13 Feb 2003, 04:57:08 »
To help you out Earl, the M16a4 is being used now in the US Army. Some of my guys that have come back from Basic Trainning have talked about using the M16a4 for BRM or Basic Rifle Marksmanship, and ABRM trainning, they didnt talk much about them being used outside of that. Even then I saw the M16a4 being used by OPFOR in JRTC on Fort Polk ( JRTC is The Joint Readiness Trainning Center, basicly Little Vietnam :( )

Hellfish6.2

« Reply #43 on: 14 Feb 2003, 07:06:06 »
God I loved JRTC. I had so much fun there. In fact, that was the most fun I had in my 6 years in the Army. And yes, I was infantry. I walked a lot there... but it was so realistic that it was cool. The first time it ever felt like we were taking things seriously and that everything you did mattered. If my whole Army experience was like that, I'd still be in today.

Back on topic, love the rifles, Earl.  ;D

Bosniarat

« Reply #44 on: 15 Feb 2003, 01:46:46 »
Yeah I agree, But for me it was Bosina under the Flag of the USA :D HOOAAAH! No UNPFOR for us! Becides Like one of the Bosnians said they loved the US because we did what we said not like the UN and sitting there watching people die all around the :D