Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Choosing where to attack  (Read 467 times)

Kurtz

Choosing where to attack
« on: 21 Mar 2004, 07:25:19 »
Hi I'm making a mini series of the Russian Airborne soldiers. And after the first mission, you get to choose where you want to attack :gunman:. I dont know if theres a script for this or if it could be done in the game. And plus Im horrible at scripting tried it once. Man so hard. Thank you all those scripters out there. Anyway back to my problem. So does anyone have any suggestions?

Kaliyuga

Re:Choosing where to attack
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2004, 10:19:46 »
well.. there are a couple different ways that I can think of you could accomplish this...

but I think that having the player have to radio in and choose his target... (or use the action menu.. but either way works) would be a good starting point..

then you can detect whether the player chose  A or B , and kick off a script depending on which one was chosen...

then you would either have all the guys that would be defending either town A or B sitting somewhere on the map..

come to think of it.. you could have em all in one of the two towns.ready to go...

then they get setpositioned into the other town when the decision is made via the radio command.  

or you can use createvehicle to spawn guys out of thin air in either town A or B ...

or you can set up both towns for an assault.. and then if you're worried about lag or group limits.. deletevehicle all of the dudes in the town not chosen...

as far as writing the proper scripts.. its really not that hard.. it more comes down to a matter of efficiency IMO..

armed with the command ref. I could probably make just about any script work after a fashion , but where it would take me 10 lines of code.. there are some people around here that will tell you how to do it in one or two.. :)

check out the tutorials and stuff....  

and if you choose to use one of the methods i mentioned.. i could help you make an ugly.. but workable script to accomplish it more than likely.. lol ;D

:cheers:

Kurtz

« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2004, 17:30:41 »
Thanks for responding Kaliyuga. I think I'll try a radio command and see what comes up. I'll post back if it works or doesn't. And that big ugly script you mentioned sounds a little bit intimadating.

Kurtz

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2004, 20:21:59 »
Ok it works okay. After taking the village, the original squad holds it and awaits for back up. While you have the choice of either ending the mission. Or attack the other town. it's all up to you. But I'm afraid people would just activate both assaults and fail one. This is my first mission and I want it to be a blast.