Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Modern British Addons (inprogress)  (Read 20526 times)

Skaven

Re:Modern British Addons (inprogress)
« Reply #15 on: 27 Aug 2002, 13:17:06 »
for us maybe  ;D
you would be surprised with the amount of models the Genius Colonel Klink makes  ;D now with KevBaz,NZ-PsychoKiwi and Nolips models are flying from all places  ;D
Concentrating mainely on the Falklands ofcourse but we also make some other models  ;D
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2002, 13:20:01 by Skaven »

Offline vade_101

• Members
  • oh hell......
« Reply #16 on: 27 Aug 2002, 13:27:23 »
ah, but the "Comando de Aviacion del Ejercito" (Army Aviation Command) and the Argentine Coast Guard did use the Puma in The Falklands (they lost six Puma SA.330L's). they also used Chinook CH-47C's, Agusta A-109A's and Bell UH-1H's.

« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2002, 13:30:37 by vade_101 »

Offline Cplme

• Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 27 Aug 2002, 14:37:02 »
Well I know that a lot of british addons are been made by varouis people.  
I am starting a mod soon on The British Forces, Army, Navy, Airforce and Marines, that is way I asked who is making what so I know what I can put on the site, Anyways my Bedford lorry is not going well at the moment but I hope that will change soon when O2 comes out to the public (carnt wait) After me Bedford I am doing a few tanks choppers other veichles inlcuding the harley davidson army motorbike and many many more veicles.  

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 27 Aug 2002, 14:49:12 »
And to think I have just the map to show off all these British addons.

A RAF airfield.......

It will be great to have British kit running around it just like real.

I am going to try and re-texture Kegs hawk, if succesfull I will talking to him about its release, dont have your hopes up, I have never done it before....
I am also hunting pictures of the two Hawk squadrons based at RAF Chivenor in the early 1990's

I hope someone does the Seaking, I want a big Yellow one as my airbase has 2 Air-Sea Rescue ones based there (Ideally markings of 22 Sqdn)
CBF Shipbuilding

Offline Cplme

• Former Staff
« Reply #19 on: 27 Aug 2002, 15:39:45 »
I have started that new mod now its all going it needs alot of work to it though

Mr_Shady

« Reply #20 on: 27 Aug 2002, 23:13:09 »
I'm really excited now about all this good old Brit hardware in the works now, maybe I'll be able to make a campaign for a dumb story I've been writing on and off for the past year or so!  :D

I for one would love to see a Stalwart, DeLiltMon, good thinking chap!

It's a shame that a Chieftain AVLB wouldn't work properly in the game, that'd be a great addon. Imagine holding the line long enough for the bridgelayer to roll in and bridge the ditches so the RAC can charge onwards and get a brew someplace.

If anyone's doing a Chieftain of a Scorpion and wants circa-1970's markings, my dad drove the Scorp in the 14/20th Hussars until it changed from Armoured Recce to a regular armoured regiment, then he drove Chieftains. I'm sure he'll be willing to help if I twist his arm enough  ;)

**OFF TOPIC**

This is the nicest forum EVER! I belong to about eight different ones across the web, and I have the same personal text on every one, and nobody here's asked who Jen is! Ace!  :D

LimeCordial

« Reply #21 on: 28 Aug 2002, 11:43:08 »
who's jen?

Ash

« Reply #22 on: 28 Aug 2002, 11:54:09 »
I hope someone does the Seaking, I want a big Yellow one as my airbase has 2 Air-Sea Rescue ones based there (Ideally markings of 22 Sqdn)

tut tut.. Its being made by us m8  8)

FltSgt

« Reply #23 on: 28 Aug 2002, 15:03:35 »
Why the yellow RAF one? All the Sea Kings / Commandos used in corporate were FAA / CHF. And all the RAF ones now stationed at MPA have been Dark Grey.

LimeCordial

« Reply #24 on: 28 Aug 2002, 15:12:43 »
so? this could be 1985 remember. and yellow is just cooler.

FltSgt

« Reply #25 on: 28 Aug 2002, 15:18:26 »
Aye, it could well be. But back then 22 were flying Wessexs. ;D

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #26 on: 28 Aug 2002, 17:35:38 »
Ok point taken in 1985 22 Squadron had the Wessex...

BUT the time my map is set in which is about 1993-1994 22 Squadron had converted to the Sea King.

The reason its yellow is its used for Air-Sea Rescue...

Also although I know the team I am with are making it I dont think they want the Air-Sea Rescue version for the Falklands, it would stand out a bit....

Ok its not important but just think of calling in for a extraction and seeing a yellow Seaking coming...afterall the war started so quick they didnt have time to repaint it...

I hope if anyone does the Stalwart they do it as built and not as most are now (without waterjets).  That would be funny, drive into water and go nowwhere...
CBF Shipbuilding

Mr_Shady

« Reply #27 on: 28 Aug 2002, 22:55:48 »
Yeah, a Stalwart that just floated would be like a brick that fell on your foot but didn't hurt you.

Personally, I'd really like to see an army Harley, and preferably two versions of the Sea King; SAR yellow and normal grey.

**WAAAAY OFF TOPIC***

who's jen?

Dammit, why didn't I see that coming ???
For anyone who's interested in this pale sixteen year old's love life, or anyone who needs a good laugh, Jen is a girl who said that she'd rather eat broken glass and laxatives than ever speak to me again. Hearing that from someone you really really like never does any good for your self-confidence... so I'll sit in the corner and be very quiet, okay?  :'(

DeLiltMon

« Reply #28 on: 29 Aug 2002, 11:39:57 »
I take it if the Falklands team are doing a landy that it'll be a Series III rather than the newer Defender as that's what would have been in service in '82
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2002, 11:51:08 by DeLiltMon »

Wires

« Reply #29 on: 29 Aug 2002, 12:11:21 »
Anyone doing a Wolf version of the Landy?