Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Stoping Units, OGG codecs (and ARTIL)  (Read 539 times)

MorMel

Stoping Units, OGG codecs (and ARTIL)
« on: 19 Jan 2003, 02:13:28 »
I have two simple questions-

First: what (a hell) is needed to have a stopped unit, which follows my instructions without influencing its AI? I mean, how can i stop a unit, at the begining of a mission, so it keeps its direction and stays at its current position without running away if the enemy approaches? I've already tried the 'dostop' command but the unit doesn't face the given direction even if i 'setdir'. Remember that i don't want this unit to be stopped forever, so i shall not disable the 'moving' section of its AI. 'HOLD', 'SENTRY' or 'GUARD' (the worst of all) don't work, as the unit moves when it knows about the enemy. And don't come with 'STOP TRUE' as the unit won't fire or target. Any solutions? (I think not.)

Second: As I'm using OFP version 1.00, there are just a few OGG compatible codecs. In order to have my personalized-all-version-compatible sounds I'dd like to know where can I find OGG codec dated 20010225? Or better, who has that codec. Please answer (at least) this question, I realy need the codec.

Finishing (Wasn't it just two questions?)- As I don't have the possibility of using further versions of OFP (and it seems that will take a very long time until this game is sold in this country) I'dd like to see how do 'OnMapSingleClick' and 'Setvelocity' commands work. For an example i'dd like to have an Artillery script that combines both commands in the following way:

CamCreate (or VehicleCreate) a high explosive charge or missile (Short range Art simulation with Maverick or LGB HE) and set its vector velocity to a 55deg angle and high speed and set its direction facing the target zone. Then, at the medium distance between the target and launching zone set the projectile's angle to -55deg. Here will have a balistic path simulation.
On map single click could be used to activate the script. For example, using radio to begin the sequence and wait for the map click which gives the target position. (player sidechat format["%1 requiring an artillery barrage at %2%3. Over?",player,_Letters,_Numbers]).