Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Add-On ACTION MENU items  (Read 1276 times)

Crassus

Add-On ACTION MENU items
« on: 15 Jan 2003, 02:28:11 »
My question is, is it possible to config models, esp. vehicles so that:

a) Only when the player is actually in the vehicle does the action menu item open cargo ramp appear, and when the player is out of said vehicle, the item is not available. (I'm thinking of the new Ch-47s for the 'Nam Pack, and from BAS)

b) With regard to the pilots from the 'Nam Pack, when the player, as a pilot, stands next to another pilot, the ACTION MENU item lower/raise visor appears again thus giving the player two lower/raise visor actions in his menu. Any way to remedy this?

c) Is it possible to lock a vehicle when the doors/hatches/ramps are closed, i.e. the only way to mount the vehicle is to open the door/hatch....?

Crassus

Re:Add-On ACTION MENU items
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2003, 13:01:15 »
 :'( Seems I've either, a) put forth a doozie of a question, that others are working feverishly to answer for themself; or b) those who can answer right away are trapped under something heavy and are tryping desperately to get to the keyboard.

Skaircro

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2003, 20:44:35 »
You should definetly check out Colonel Klinks tutorials for some rather handy scripting bits for animations. -> http://www.dc3d.co.nz/Tutorials/Index.htm

But I will see if I can give some ideas, with bits from the tutes

a)Possibly using something like this, ?(_player in _helo1): goto "checkGearUp". (check out the helo landing gear for more relating to this.)

b)User actions seem to need a point at which the action works in a radius from that point. (atleast they do on vehicles) e.g.

class LowerLandingGear
{
displayName="Lower landing gear";
position="GearArea";
radius=3
condition="this animationPhase ""maingear"" >= 0.5 and player in this";
statement="this animate [""maingear"", 0]";
};

You could try changing the radius to somthing like 0.01.
Dont know if this is possible but give it a try.

c)Dont know if it is possible to "lock" vehicles. Maybe through remove action??
Alternatively you could have it so that the doors/hatches/ramps open as soon as the game startes. It would still be possible to get in and out once they are closed, but this is the easier fix, though not quite the effect your after.

Hope these help.  ;)

Crassus

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2003, 04:15:31 »
Thanks. I'll give your suggestions a shot..

BraTTy

« Reply #4 on: 05 Feb 2003, 11:42:59 »
This will make the addaction for only the driver:

condition="this animationPhase ""foldwings"" >= 0.5 and driver this == player";

only for gunner:

condition="this animationPhase ""rcanopya"" < 0.03 and  gunner this == player";

OFP has had "lock" feature since I can remember...

myjeep lock true

You could script it so that if the doors arent open it would be locked,but I know you can't lock/unlock individual doors,just the whole vehicle