Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC Function Library Launched!  (Read 14441 times)

joltan

Re:OFPEC Function Library Launched!
« Reply #45 on: 18 Jul 2003, 11:34:22 »
Ok, one question remains after skiming trough the function tutorial and the library. The fact that a function effectively halts the script it is executed from until completion (else it couldn't possibly return a value) may not always be a good thing. The executed script may require some pauses without stopping the main script.

Is it possible to preload (with loadFile) a normal script, so the computer doesn't have to access the harddisk (reducing lag if the script is executed with a high frequency), but still having it run as a seperate, independent script (thus allowing for pauses, halts, loops, etc.)? Something like
Code: [Select]
MyScript=LoadFile "myscript.sqs"
[] exec  MyScript
No, from my testing the example doesn't work, but it would be nice if something similar would be possible.
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2003, 11:36:18 by joltan »

joand_91

New team, PITA (Pilots In The Army)
« Reply #46 on: 19 Sep 2003, 15:55:04 »
I've started a new team called PITA (Pilots In The Army) and if someone want to join call me at ICQ 311803819... We need scripters, modellers and texturers for the moment

Whit a please from Johan, Sweden

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #47 on: 19 Sep 2003, 17:39:11 »
joand_91, if you are looking for people, please use the Recruitment depot.
This thread is for discussing the OFPEC function library.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

joand_91

Know
« Reply #48 on: 21 Sep 2003, 19:13:40 »
I know it is for OFPEC Function Library, but I used it anyway.
I know I can find pepole in recueirments depot, but its taking long time to e-mail all of them

Kaliyuga

Re:Know
« Reply #49 on: 21 Sep 2003, 20:01:30 »
I know it is for OFPEC Function Library, but I used it anyway.
I know I can find pepole in recueirments depot, but its taking long time to e-mail all of them

Gee.. so you know what the rules are and yet you still break them, that says alot....

real nice
:thumbsup:

Captain Winters

« Reply #50 on: 22 Sep 2003, 03:55:10 »
Seriously... U coulda started ur own thread to get locked instaed of.... oddly.... posting in this one.  :P

GO WITH THE LIBRARY!

Tanks! 8)

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #51 on: 25 Apr 2004, 22:38:28 »
I have a bunch of new functions I wrote for the super guided missile script and also for the Tomahawk Cruise Missile project.  I would like to submit some of these, but it won't let me.  When I click on "Add Function" it just returns me to the same page.

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #52 on: 26 Apr 2004, 01:19:36 »
I have a bunch of new functions I wrote for the super guided missile script and also for the Tomahawk Cruise Missile project.  I would like to submit some of these, but it won't let me.  When I click on "Add Function" it just returns me to the same page.

I've fixed the function submission page. You should now be able to submit your functions. :)

Let me know of any problems you have.
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline revellion

• Contributing Member
    • My Website
« Reply #53 on: 27 Apr 2004, 11:15:10 »
Problem Found in the function page!, more precise the: Introduction to Functions

Error!:

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/www/ofpec/editors/tutorial_view.php on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/ofpec/editors/tutorial_view.php:4) in /usr/local/www/ofpec/editors/tutorial_view.php on line 5

Best Logistic Addons and Missions: www.TheChainOfCommand.com

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #54 on: 27 Apr 2004, 18:52:13 »
Problem Found in the function page!, more precise the: Introduction to Functions

Error!:

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/www/ofpec/editors/tutorial_view.php on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/ofpec/editors/tutorial_view.php:4) in /usr/local/www/ofpec/editors/tutorial_view.php on line

Fixed.
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #55 on: 10 May 2004, 18:05:32 »
Yeah, I still (Today) get MySQL errors  >:(
I think it was in the misc scripts

Which is a shame, because some of the scripts look really useful :)
- Ben

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #56 on: 12 May 2004, 00:56:11 »
Where exactly are you getting errors? "Misc Scripts" doesn't help me.

Microsoul V3

« Reply #57 on: 31 Dec 2004, 04:24:12 »
I assume that the ECP project is gone, right? I still have these files on my PC, and I used to use them, but without the flashpointbeta.exe, it dont install, which really sucks cuz I loved the sound mod....it totally ruled. I am a bit out of the loop, as i have been playing MOHAA and BFV for some time, but I wanted to come back to flashpoint, cuz I think its the best game ever.
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2004, 04:26:35 by Microsoul V3 »

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #58 on: 31 Dec 2004, 12:01:10 »
Uhummmm..... look on the fronpage m8.

Also check the official forums thread on the new ECP version.
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #59 on: 20 Jul 2005, 04:31:10 »
I love the the function reference and have downloaded all of the current functions that I can, but have found two problems with the download links:

1.  MySQL Errors (which someone tried to refer to previously).  All of the Functions listed with the funciton name (e.g. <whatever>.sqf download correctly, but there are a few (like GetPitch) that say "Click here to download.." where clicking "here" is the broken link giving:

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/www/ofpec/editors/snippet_view.php on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/ofpec/editors/snippet_view.php:4) in /usr/local/www/ofpec/editors/snippet_view.php on line 5

2. Download example mission links, link to the function sqf files, the same as the <whatever>.sqf  links, so I am unable to download any of them (which makes understanding the functions more hard work...).

There is some extremely useful stuff in here, and I will definitely contribute, once I produce something worthwhile that could help others ...  :)