Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Coming soon...Ultimate Pyromanic Scripts  (Read 5691 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Coming soon...Ultimate Pyromanic Scripts
« Reply #15 on: 11 Dec 2002, 10:08:58 »
dats kool  ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

kevinfostereditguy

« Reply #16 on: 11 Dec 2002, 23:08:29 »
i must say, this is looking awsome. are the objects flying due to added velocity commands? can we get a pic of a bunch of jeeps getting blown up? itll look great on fire and flying about

Baphomet

« Reply #17 on: 12 Dec 2002, 02:32:50 »
What island is featured in those screenies? Nice explosions by the way. =P

Leone

« Reply #18 on: 12 Dec 2002, 08:09:05 »
Thx all. ChupChup waiting for the 1.91 patch release, mainly because it contains a new cmd call "getType object". This could be very, very useful for the fire scripts...we shall see.

The reason why the barrels are flying is that a mortar is being camcreated underneath them at a certain point in time and space (this took a lot of tweaking). BOOOM!  ;D

The island in the screenies is zwa-desert-eden. A very handy addon I think. I know this is taking a while, but everytime you think you've finished, there's just one more thing that can be done (or tweaked...or added). We don't really want to release multiple versions...so we are trying to get it right first time...and this does involve a bit of testing (but FUN testing ;) )

As for the jeeps......I might not worry about doing those as the scripts for that class haven't been fully refined just yet. But indeed you can blow them up. Hell..you can blow up basically any vehicle  ;D

kevinfostereditguy

« Reply #19 on: 12 Dec 2002, 15:16:20 »
great work, and like you said, its best not to release multiple versions until its complete. im looking forward to it!

Commando

« Reply #20 on: 13 Dec 2002, 12:25:04 »
Awesome!!! Can you make the motorbike in resistance explode like in the movies? Well this would really add to the atmosphere of a mission... ;D
Could this be made on a big aircraft like the c130 going down slowly burning and smoking? Then hitting the ground and you can choose explosion or only burn?

Leone

« Reply #21 on: 13 Dec 2002, 15:59:19 »
Yes..you can. In short, if it's a vehicle you can blow it up. I don't think the pack will include the possiblilty of the bicycle blowing up  ;) but the motorbike for sure. If want to make something blow up that we haven't included in the pack...it won't be too hard.

As for turning things on and off (ie burn but not explode) you will have to know a little bit about scripting, but we will make a short tutorial, and a demo mission or two to play around with. We want to make it fairly user friendly but in the end, if you don't know anything about scripting, you probably shouldn't muck about with them.

There are ways of making it easier for mission editors...but I'm not allowed to say ANYTHING about that. Sorry.  ;) ;D

Pandoz

« Reply #22 on: 16 Dec 2002, 07:23:02 »
Pandoz wets himself in anticipation of these awesome scripts:):) stop with the screenies cause if i dont get my hands on these and i have to keep looking at these i will explode:) on the other hand...ya keep giving them to us lol looking forward to it man!!!

Offline Lightning

• Members
  • ROWR Baby!
« Reply #23 on: 13 Jan 2003, 11:14:24 »
OMG i NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED these scripts  :o

Commando

« Reply #24 on: 13 Jan 2003, 15:00:16 »
whats the status on the scriopts? It was a good while since we heard anything since last time... :-\

Offline woofer

• Members
  • Honi Sout Qui Mal Y Pense
« Reply #25 on: 01 Feb 2003, 15:04:00 »
whats the status on the scriopts? It was a good while since we heard anything since last time... :-\
I'd love to see these scripts

Pandoz

« Reply #26 on: 06 Feb 2003, 05:04:41 »
hmmm 2 months and no thing yet? from the screens it looked pretty much complete? errr what happened?

Frosty

« Reply #27 on: 08 Feb 2003, 03:04:29 »
Thats something id like to know too! :)

thedragon

« Reply #28 on: 08 Feb 2003, 18:57:21 »
jisses krist!!!!!!  :o this script is AWESOME!!!!!!! send it to me when its done :D lol! MUST MUST MUUSSTTT have it,.... NOW!

/thedragon

Leone

« Reply #29 on: 09 Feb 2003, 16:47:46 »
What has happened....well the whole 1.91 thing, then Xmas, New Year etc. There is some tweaking going on. Also these scripts will be integrated into the OPGWC mod, so I'm not sure when a stand alone script will be available (before the mod release for sure, but how soon I don't know). I will see what I can do :)