Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Stupid Heli AI  (Read 571 times)

El-Mariachi

Stupid Heli AI
« on: 01 Dec 2002, 21:37:59 »
Ok, it must be possible but howdo i get the gunner from say a blackhawk to target and the shoot at ground units like normal soliders.

Is there anyway to make a heli fly to near the enemy, hover and the gunner to just open up on the lot of em?

I hate it when the sodding blackhawks always do that fly by thing when they cruise past, take a few pot shots and then fly off to turn around....

oh and also....normal soliders shooting at heli's?  can it be done?

Cheers lads...
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2002, 22:18:40 by El-Mariachi »

El-Mariachi

Re:Stupid Heli AI
« Reply #1 on: 05 Dec 2002, 22:17:47 »
okies, 3 days and still no responce......maybe i asked the wrong questions.... :p
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2002, 22:19:58 by El-Mariachi »

Offline Skumball

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 05 Dec 2002, 23:58:23 »
sorry, I was going to reply until I realised that I did not know the answer :P
I've had a few goes at getting a chopper to target people but it doesn't work the way I want it to, like you mentioned. I'm trying to work out whether I need to group the pilot and the gunner. Everyone knows how long it takes for the arrse to say he has spotted someone and then say to target them. Maybe this is the problem. If they wern't a group would the gunner think for himself and act even quicker?

*Skumball ponders this thought*
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2002, 23:59:39 by Skumball »

El-Mariachi

« Reply #3 on: 06 Dec 2002, 01:41:03 »
Hmmm....i mean i haven't tried loading the two guys as gunner and pilot seperately using the assignas command.....that might work if it gets the gunner to target independantly of the pilot.......so i'll give that a go...

Captain Winters

« Reply #4 on: 06 Dec 2002, 03:29:41 »
Set a Trigger on the BlackHawk as "SENTRY", set the experience to MAX. then in the (i think) init box inside of it type:

dofire=<untiname>

where <unitname> is the name of the unit u want the BH to fire at. i suggest using a game logic and place it near the unit(s), becuase the BH will stop firing when the <unitname> is dead! as for the ground unit firing at the BHi think maybe u could use the same command.

El-Mariachi

« Reply #5 on: 07 Dec 2002, 14:43:04 »
Okies, i'll give that a go and tell you if it works