Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...  (Read 57611 times)

Orion8th

Re:Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...
« Reply #135 on: 19 Feb 2003, 11:37:24 »
Your welcome my friend....anytime! ;D

S!

Orion8th

Commando

« Reply #136 on: 19 Feb 2003, 22:55:39 »
cool pics! I always wondered how it looks like down there..
well cool to see a pic of a real cobra! :D

Morpheous

« Reply #137 on: 20 Feb 2003, 00:30:25 »
Hey Cat shit one i posted some pics that you will definitely need including that of Kabuls airport and all at the Nomads new forum board head over there to check them out ;D

http://ofpnomadmod.breezeland.com/forum/index.php?s=86876d5707bf433dec5281b2abf74380&act=ST&f=10&t=8&st=0&

Hope your modem is up to it considering the amount of pics i posted :P

PFC_Mike

« Reply #138 on: 20 Feb 2003, 02:49:23 »
Catshit, you may wish to make two versions of the map: 1979-2001 pre US ground troops and 2001+. During the Soviet-Afgan war obviously the US camp Rhino wasn't there.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #139 on: 20 Feb 2003, 06:17:03 »
hmm yeah.  I guess so.  Making 2 is not really a problem since it is just placing objects and applying textures.   I'll do that after I finish making building models and textures.  The map is the standard 12.8x12.8km.  I don't know how long wolf made those 51.2x51.2km maps.  If there is a way, I would love to know.

NoRSu

« Reply #140 on: 20 Feb 2003, 18:56:27 »
Hmm two different versions wouldn't be very clever, I mean then you would have to download two huge addons and they differ very little from each other. I'm sure the camp Rhino could be easily used as Soviet camp also, as long as you don't add any US markings or something like that 8).

PFC_Mike

« Reply #141 on: 21 Feb 2003, 02:20:41 »
 when in doubt about how someone did something, ask 'em.

btw, long wolf? ;D it sounds like some adolescent euphemism. I believe his name is a-lone-wolf

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #142 on: 21 Feb 2003, 03:26:02 »
LOL!! Aww cra*! I thought I wrote lone wolf!! God!  Oh ya, I have a good Idea.  How about I just release the 1979~1989 era afghanistan as an expansion pack to the 2001~2003 afghanistan pack with some new models and terrains in it.  So you'll need the original 2001~2003 afghan map to play it.  Sounds ok?  Oh ya, I'm working on a pretty big building with arches and the roofs blown off.  

It is none enterable but I'm sure the arches will pretty much give a good cover and hiding place.  I'm also making a tunnel or not really a tunnel but on our forum I remember someone posting a picture of a roadway with roofs on it and some snows on the side?  I'll just make a depression in wrp editor and make a 60m wide object where 53m of the object is mostly concrete and 7 meters of the object which is the center of it will be the actual road.  How does it sound? since if I just make a depression in wrp and just set roads,,, I don't know it doesn't look original and it might suck.  There are still many new innovative and original things that you could do in wrp so I might just try everything.

NoRSu

« Reply #143 on: 21 Feb 2003, 11:38:55 »
Oh ya, I have a good Idea.  How about I just release the 1979~1989 era afghanistan as an expansion pack to the 2001~2003 afghanistan pack with some new models and terrains in it.  So you'll need the original 2001~2003 afghan map to play it.  Sounds ok?

I still think the best solution would be just one version. I bet no one will complain if someone uses the US/NATO camps as Soviet camps in their missions (as long as there aren't any permanent US/NATO markings ;)). Two different versions can make it sometimes quite a hassle.

Island is looking awesome, will there be any mountain areas with some snow on them?

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #144 on: 21 Feb 2003, 14:03:26 »
hi norsu.  yup there are snowy and rocky areas in the map.  I'll post some pictures when I get some of the rocks and cliffs model working properly.

Here are new pictures of my catafghanbuildingo28.p3d

It is a government building.  One of the guyz from our forum suggested to make Kabul where there are many governement buildings and a little more better looking buildings then those subberb ones but I found it out to be quite difficult.  Well  tell me what you guyz think?  

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #145 on: 21 Feb 2003, 14:05:37 »
another angle from heli.  I think this building will be a success.  

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #146 on: 21 Feb 2003, 14:09:40 »
3rd pic.  This one took quite a long time to complete.  roughly 8 hours.....  whoo... night guyz.  I think I'll be able to make a bigger city by just using none enterable buildings.  enterable buildings just lags too much.

DeLiltMon

« Reply #147 on: 21 Feb 2003, 14:57:53 »
Cat, dont you sleep or something? The rate at which your making fully textured models is astounding! Keep drinking coffee and working  ;) ;D
(Hmmm I wonder how much it would cost to send a big jar of Rocket Fuel - extra caffeinated coffee to Guam  :-\ ;))

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #148 on: 21 Feb 2003, 17:09:32 »
how about creating a mission template with the camp rhino stuff (buildings as objects in the mission editor) yet have the map as the USSR era one, (Camp rhino is the one at the airfield?).

BTW looking sweet.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #149 on: 21 Feb 2003, 19:37:15 »
Cat do you have small rivers lakes in your map with some little bridges  ???