Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Getting Units out of heli  (Read 1863 times)

m21 sniper

Getting Units out of heli
« on: 25 Aug 2002, 00:55:01 »
I used the init where yo make the guys start off in a heli but when i tell the chooper to land and give the group a wp to get out ther won't get out, can n e 1 help me?

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:Getting Units out of heli
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2002, 01:02:42 »
give the chopper a 'transport unload' waypoint - he will drop them off for you - the units dont need a waypoint to get out of the chopper
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline Garritos

• Members
  • life is like a box of donuts...
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2002, 08:08:08 »
I myself have been trying to get my guys outta a chooper as well in a cutscene.  This is the first time i tried to get an AI squad to leave a chopper in OFP:R.  after alot of trial and error i found this to be the best solution:

give the chopper a transport unload waypoint(make sure they guys getting out are in a different group from the pilot).  

in the "on activation" field type: name of chopper land "land"; unassignvehicle myguy1; unassignvehicle myguy2 and so on for the whole group.  

after they have disenbarked, the chopper will continue on to the next waypoint.  Its also worth noting that valid land values are "LAND"(it will accually land for them) "GET IN" (hovering very low, for another unit to get in) and "GET OUT" (hovering low,for another unit to get out).

it seems that this is the only way to get a group out that you have added with the "moveincargo" command to accually exit the chopper.  thank god for the new resistance ComRef or i would still be in OFP watching my helo hover there  :joystick:

*edit* ohh yeah i guess you could use the mygroupname leavevehicle name of chopper  I didnt try that one but it might save some typing  ;D
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2002, 08:12:51 by Garritos »
Lead Mission Designer
1982:Flashpoint in the Falklands
http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2002, 11:20:53 »
thats very starnge - but trust me ive been doing this for a year now  you just need a transport unload waypoint to make the chopper land, let the troops get out and unassign them as cargo....

the of course give the men a waypoint where u wan them to go, and the chopper a waypoint to fly off to.

:thumbsup:

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2002, 18:19:39 »
Wrong Messiah...didn't we talk about the drop outs?

Use waypoints to let the chopper lower it's height (this FlyInHeight 20, this FlyInHeight 10 and so on...you can maybe use the this Land "get out" command at last).
If the chopper is near the ground you can use the unassign and unitname action ["eject",choppername] to make them drop out.

No need for "unload" waypoints!!!

Plage

Offline Garritos

• Members
  • life is like a box of donuts...
« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2002, 19:48:34 »
from my experiences units will only exit a chopper with the transport unload waypoint if they were put into the chopper with a get in waypoint.  if they are added using moveincargo they really dont wanna leave the chopper.
Lead Mission Designer
1982:Flashpoint in the Falklands
http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #6 on: 25 Aug 2002, 20:19:58 »
what the hell are you on about?

if there is ANY unit in cargo that isnt part of the choppers team thne it WILL get out using the transport unload - no questions

what we tralked about was preventing the chopper from flaring out before it lands...

this sounds like he mnay be using the Mi17 - try placing a H or a H invisible where u want him to land - that shud help.

LimeCordial

« Reply #7 on: 25 Aug 2002, 20:55:32 »
this must be one of those wierd problems that is different for everyone.............i have never had a problem unloading troops from a helo when they had moveincargo as an init. i just put a 'get out' for the troops and a 'transport unload' for the helo and sync em........works every time.

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
« Reply #8 on: 25 Aug 2002, 22:18:36 »
OK, after reading this thread, i can see:

the whole world is different  ;D

Messiah's solution is absolutely correct.

Transport Unload - let's a vehicle get rid off all of it's cargo
(mounted troops). If there are 3 different groups mounted
on a vehicle, all will get unloaded with using a transport unload
waypoint. There's no need for GetOut waypoints or for
unassign vehicle commands. The game engine does that
for itself here.

Unload - this waypoint works in combination with a GetOut
waypoint. If there are 2 groups mounted on a vehicle, and
you place an unload waypoint for that vehicle and a getout
waypoint for one of those 2 groups (syncronize the 2 wp's)
The group with that getout waypoint will be unloaded, while
the other group will still remain in that vehicle.
No unassign vehicle command is required here.

EJECT units by action commands from e.g: a chopper,
does require an unassign vehicle command

:edit
btw - there's no difference between units/groups mounted
by scripting commands (moveincargo), or mounted by
GetIn waypoints.

~S~ CD
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2002, 22:20:27 by Chris Death »
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #9 on: 26 Aug 2002, 12:45:31 »
unload will also make the choppers 'men' in cargo get out - so any members of the choppers group who are not the gunner or pilot.

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #10 on: 26 Aug 2002, 14:00:30 »
I've bugfixed a 'Nam mission with the situation we're talking about...take a look at my page if you want.

The getout sequence is done with "unassign" command, "eject" command and a unload wp (I know it's double but to be sure...).

« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2002, 14:01:17 by T.S.C.Plage »

MR_TROUBLE

« Reply #11 on: 06 Sep 2002, 05:40:52 »
I am trying to do this same thing.  I get my chopper to land and the only person who jumps out is the group leader.  All the other guys in my group (AirCav) stay in the chopper, it lifts off, and takes them to the next waypoint leaving me on the ground looking up at em as they fly away.  I want everyone to jump out.  I have tried all the different suggestions listed here and it ain't workin! (then again I'm somewhat of a noob)  8)

1.  I have a chopper named "helo1" as it's own group with a "transport "unload" wp and then a "move" wp.  I have an invisible "H" on the ground where the chopper is to land.
2.  My group is put into the chopper with the movein command and they are named as a seperate group by putting "AirCav=Group this" in the group leader's init field.
3.  I have given the troops a "get out" wp synced (F5) with the "transport unload" wp for the chopper
4.  I have "helo1 land "land"; AirCav leavevehicle helo1" listed in the activation field of the "tranport unload" wp.

What am I missing or doing wrong or both????!?!?!

Thanks!

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
« Reply #12 on: 06 Sep 2002, 14:25:48 »
If you are group leader, you are expected to order your
men to get off the chopper.

If AI is group leader, he would do that automatically in your
case.

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Phantom

« Reply #13 on: 06 Sep 2002, 14:37:41 »
yo moderators, can u guys make a sticky post in this forum about Helo's in general please, that way we don't have to deal with helicopter questions every 5 posts, i feel it would be a lot easier for the people who don't know much about using a chopper in the editor.

Phantom