Author Topic: Drop  (Read 3899 times)

Offline MI_Fred

• Members
  • AA
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:Drop
« Reply #30 on: 06 Nov 2002, 06:52:21 »
Using the Drop:

So far I've managed to create a 'whip' of those 'nades bursting out of 1 spot into a random direction (18th & 19th arguments) for 360 degrees. Also the Velocity is in the drop command, it's the easiest thing to make this 'whip' but when I wan't the shrapnel to burst out at the same time, I just am loosing hair. ;D

_obj = _this select 0
_head = getdir _obj
_posDrop = getpos _obj
_velocity = [0,0,0]

_distance = 0
#Begin
_head = _head + 1

drop ["granat", "", "SpaceObject", 1, 0.75, _posDrop, [25 * sin _head,25 * cos _head, 0.2 + random 1], 1, 0.0045, 0.0042, 0, [0.8,0.8], [[1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,1]], [0,1,0,1,0,1], 0.000001, 5, "", "", ""]

~1/10000000000000
? _head >= (getdir _obj *3.5) : exit
goto "Begin"
The velocity is the 7th argument(the array) in that drop array. I could possibly drop it at a different position(6th argument) on every time but that'll also be demanding on my hair.

When it comes to determining impact points with dropped particles, I wouldn't go there  ;D should I? I think not. There's a possibility to run a script just before a particle is destroyed, into it is passed the position of the particle. But that won't do if it impacts anything before the death of itself.

Well I hope some1 got kicks out of this. For me, well, plain fun  ::)
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2002, 07:10:34 by MI_Fred »
There's gooks over there, there's mines over there, and watch out those goddamn monkeys talk, I'll bite ya.

Aeon

« Reply #31 on: 06 Nov 2002, 09:57:36 »
"granat"  :o
What's that things ? where did you find it ? Do you discover other new things? tell us all you know  ;D
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2002, 10:07:59 by Aeon »

jostapo

« Reply #32 on: 06 Nov 2002, 12:01:10 »
We did end up using set velocity instead of drop.

Worked up a 4 poly shrapnel model as well to to reduce the impact on the frame rate when a claymore is detonated (could have gotten away with nothing, but we wanted something to be visible... if just barely).

Look for a release soon.

Offline MI_Fred

• Members
  • AA
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #33 on: 06 Nov 2002, 19:41:16 »
Aeon, how do you usually discover new things? by mistake!  :)

First I entered  hogus bogus things into it like "grenade", gave me an error: it couldn't be found from data3d.pbo, so I dePBO'ed it and had a look what's in it. Everything! hehe.

There you will find your cl_basic, cl_fireD etc. Also abrams, law missiles, law proxies, lightsources... and that granat (from a GLaucher). You just have to use the "SpaceObject" as the particle type for some and "Billboard" for others. So dePBO data3d.pbo (from DTA folder), insert the name of the object u wan't into a drop, fiddle with the particle type... there's 859 p3d's in there so... ::) happy hunting.
There's gooks over there, there's mines over there, and watch out those goddamn monkeys talk, I'll bite ya.

Rubble_Maker

« Reply #34 on: 14 Nov 2002, 12:51:37 »
When ya drop grenades or missiles, do they explode upon impact?

That'd be AWESOME... ;)

Offline MI_Fred

• Members
  • AA
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #35 on: 14 Nov 2002, 19:22:25 »
When it comes to determining impact points with dropped particles, I wouldn't go there  ;D should I? I think not. There's a possibility to run a script just before a particle is destroyed, into it is passed the position of the particle. But that won't do if it impacts anything before the death of itself.

Nothing like quoting myself.  :)
I'd wish RM, but drop creates just nice good-for-almost-nothing-gfx. They pass through units. Only collisions happen hitting the ground...  and in the end of a particles lifetime that script could contain an explosive, other than that, what is drop good for I would like to know too.

The last argument in the drop array is "object" to which the particle can be binded to. If I'd know how this works, You could run continuous queries if that "object" is in the same pos of any list of objects in the editor. As in putting a whole map covering trigger and naming all in it as ALLLIST for example. Then running ? "getpos _x == getpos _objectbindedtoparticle" count ALLLIST > 0 : _boom = "shell125" camcreate getpos _objectbindedtoparticle  ;D
Way theoritical still.

::)
Jesus,
That's obsolete. Sorry, didn't look into it hard enough. There's the 3rd last argument: OnTimer - Name of the script to run every period determined by TimerPeriod property argument (4th). The position is passed into it. That is all you need them. ëhkey?  ;D
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2002, 00:51:27 by MI_Fred »