Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Making video effects..  (Read 1379 times)

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
Making video effects..
« on: 25 Jan 2012, 16:16:08 »
Hello,
       I was just thinking about, the Intro.As the Intro automatically starts in the beginning of a mission, so How to create a Skip able cutscene in the middle of a mission like an Intro? One more thing, As the cutscene starts, I want a little camera effect like a CCTV spy cam video, so can any one inform me about this?
The 3d!t0R            -=O.F.P.E.C=-                                                         -=I.S.I=-

Re: Making video effects..
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2012, 16:33:07 »
I was just thinking about, the Intro.As the Intro automatically starts in the beginning of a mission, so How to create a Skip able cutscene in the middle of a mission like an Intro?
Hi pal! As I said in other thread, the only way to make possible to manually skip cutscene within mission environment is to use radio call trigger Juliet (which you call by pressing twice 0 key) with "TERMINATE" camera effect and "repeatedly" mode set on.

One more thing, As the cutscene starts, I want a little camera effect like a CCTV spy cam video, so can any one inform me about this?
As far as I know, you can put picture of CCTV camera in the game (as a "resource") and put that picture as overlay in the cutscene you make. Final effect should be similar to when you see Guba talking in TV in the official campaign.
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2012, 20:23:36 by Doktor Headshot »
? (this == thinkable) : this = scriptable

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2012, 16:30:57 »
I got about the cut scene, but please tell me further about the Resource picture. That How do I put any CCTV cam effect in an outro? please I would be very grateful.
The 3d!t0R            -=O.F.P.E.C=-                                                         -=I.S.I=-

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2012, 16:37:27 »
It's a very lengthy process. It involves making a section in your description.ext.

Here's one tutorial on the use of 'dialogs' (which is what you're trying to create)

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=37&game=OFP

This tutorial is probably the one you need:

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=52&game=OFP

It's hard to explain how to make one in one post. So I highly recommend reading those tutorials :)
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2012, 17:24:45 »
It's hard to explain how to make one in one post. So I highly recommend reading those tutorials Smiley
Yep, is time to go to OFP scripting school and get homeworks done!
? (this == thinkable) : this = scriptable