Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Play with two units in same mission  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
Play with two units in same mission
« on: 30 Dec 2011, 02:08:43 »
Hey I got a question.

Could I play with two units in a mission For example: Be a russian soldier and then, be a american soldier.
I ask this, because when I used Mandomissile script for ofp by mandoble, I modified that script and changed it camera false by true, and I was able to watch the missile, and when it struck the bmp I was bmp commander for 3 or 4 seconds and then I was american soldier. Is it possible?
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Re: Play with two units in same mission
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2011, 10:00:30 »
I'm afraid it's not possible to do this in OFP. You can do it in cinematics, but not in the mission itself.
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2011, 18:08:06 by Gruntage »
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2011, 18:05:01 »
   I think there is a workaround but it can work only in MP environment: you can side up both Eastern and Western units in the same team (better if this team is Resistance team with Resistance allied to no one in order to have East soldiers shoot Western unit and West soldiers shoot Eastern unit) and then, whenever you need to switch from one unit to other, you script-kill (setDammage 1) the former unit and let player to spawn into the latter unit and then, once spawning process get done, you script-revive (setDammage 0) killed unit. You may also want to edit "onPlayerRespawnOtherUnit.sqs" script accordingly in order to cut off cameras between switching from one unit to other.
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2011, 18:09:40 by Guido89 »
? (this == thinkable) : this = scriptable

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2011, 18:26:23 »
I already saw it's not possible in SP, I tried using the script to respwan in another player, used in MP and it don't work in SP.
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom