Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Using Norrins Vehicle Rearm/Refuel/Repair script with Air vehicles.  (Read 3039 times)

Offline twicedead

• Members
Hello, gentlemen, this desperate request for assistance also happens to be my first post!

I am new to scripting but am learning somewhat quickly.  I used to use Norrins Rearm/Repair/Refuel script from here back when arma 2 first came out.  I am trying to use it for a carrier mission, the idea is to use Towing Tractors that can fully service all the air vehicles.  Only, the script will not allow air vehicles to be repaired, just Land Vehicles.  I tried changing the vehicle class under Add_action.sqf from "LandVehicle" to "Air" and "Helicopter" but neither will allow the actions to appear for the AH1Z.

Anyone help me take a look at this to see if this can be salvaged!  Any and All help is welcome, pullin my hair out, lol.

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=477

Offline Loyalguard

• Former Staff
Perhaps you covered this, but in add_actions.sqf I see three instances of "LandVehicle".  Did you change all three?  When you say the actions do not appear for the AH1Z, do they appear for other air vehicles but not just the AH1Z

Offline twicedead

• Members
LoyalGuard, thankyou for your reply!  Its great someone looked into this for me.

Yes, all 3 instances of "LandVehicles" were substituted with Air or helicopter... as well as I tried the class name for the AH1Z itself.  It doesn't work with any air vehicle whatsoever. 

Strange thing is, I don't see anything else in any of the scripts to denote Land Vehicles only besides those Class IDs we've already seen.

I was kinda hoping someone from back in the day, might have mended this script.

I am going to keep chopping it up and trying different variations, hopefully something will work.

Offline Loyalguard

• Former Staff
Just for kicks, while exerimenting to try to get it working, try to remove the class limitation in the script...meaning...since it is such a small distance, just use the radius and don't put any class at all "".  If it still doesn't work then you know the issue is somewhere outside of the class reference.  It it does work, then you can try to re-add a base or specific class that will work for you.

Also, have you tried "AllVehicles" or simply "All" to see if those work?

Offline twicedead

• Members
["Air", "LandVehicle"] as class was the trick.  Allvehicles did indeed work, but if a hurt soldier was nearby it would snap to him instead.  I dunno why this is the only thing that works, since "Air" by itself should have identified the aircraft, and many similiar scripts such as mando hook and things use "Air" also.  Strange but works!

Thanks for your help, learned alot on this one.