Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Lipsync while sitting in a modern room  (Read 1985 times)

Offline moviemaker100

• Members
Lipsync while sitting in a modern room
« on: 25 Aug 2011, 23:35:52 »

Re: Lipsync while sitting in a modern room
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2011, 01:09:31 »
Lip syncing is done from a .lip file, you can download this application that converts wav files into both .ogg and .lip. All you need to do is stick the lip files into your sounds folder with your .ogg file and the lip syncing is automatically done for you.

As far as I know lip syncing is only done using the say command, or at least this was the case in OFP. I'm not sure if this has been changed since ArmA but just keep it in mind.

Offline moviemaker100

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2011, 11:27:48 »
Thanx, but that lipsync "alone" is secundary.

But nice to know that about the "say" command, anyway!

I think, the bigger priblem is the sitting anywhere and talking.
I just have seen an extremly difficult sitting on a chair...

So: Is it possible, to create an "office scene", where they talk with emotions of the body..?

Thanx!

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2011, 12:27:55 »
Well to make someone sit on a chair, first place a chair in the eidtor (I think they are under Objects (furniture)) then name the chair to chair1 for example and then in the persons init field put...

Code: [Select]
chair1 setpos (getpos this); chair1 setdir (getdir this + 180); this switchmove "miles_c0briefing_odpovedel_loop"
That will basically set the chair right under the guy and make him play a sitting down animation.

Also take a look at this link, it hasall the different animations that you can use to add the emotion and body language that you want. It also has different chair sitting animations depending on what kind of atmosphere you're looking for (relaxed, serious etc)

Offline moviemaker100

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2011, 14:01:41 »
Thank you very much!
That is already a big beginning and help!

At least it looks much easer to realise, than most of the other complex Sandboxes and editors around.

When I think, how complicated is lipsync in Fallout3 or Crysis ->  :weeping:

"Sitting scenes" may be easier to do - at least in Fallout3, but there you got no real destructible environment, nearly no vehicles and so on.  :confused:

Anyway!
Thank you for your help!  :good: :yes: