Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Parachute Insertion  (Read 1776 times)

Offline stoptheclocks24

• Members
Parachute Insertion
« on: 09 May 2011, 15:29:08 »
Hey guys.

I used to tinker with the Operation Flashpoint editor years a go and thought i'd give ArmA2 a try! Problem is most of my editing skills have cobwebs on! Anyway, i'm looking for a script that when activated by a trigger will 'eject' players from the chopper or plane every second or so. I believe back in the day of OFP a guy called the[]coyote made a script that did the job, but I don't have OFP or a means of editing compiled missions. :P

Thanks.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Parachute Insertion
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2011, 18:43:02 »
Hey there, and welcome back to the wonderful world of editing :D

This is a real simple script to make, so I'll just write it up for you here. Save it as e.g. paradrop.sqf, and use [group, delay] execVM "paradrop.sqf" to execute it. This is in .sqf, rather than OFP-era .sqs, so there are some syntax differences, but don't be afraid ;) it all works the same.

Code: [Select]
_group = _this select 0;
_delay = _this select 1;

for "_i" from 0 to ((count units _group) - 1) do
{
_curJumper = (units _group) select _i;
_curJumper action ["eject", (vehicle _curJumper)];
sleep _delay;
};

// Script end

Delay is the delay in seconds between jumps, and the group is of course the name of the group doing the jumping. That's all you should need :)

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline stoptheclocks24

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2011, 15:49:02 »
Hey.

Thanks for the reply mate and it indeed feels good to be back! I suspected it'd be a 'for' statement but I just wasn't sure about the language or its syntax. :P So i'm right in thinking .sqs isn't used any more and .sqf is?

Also, is there a program about that can 'decompile compiled missions' to see how they look in the editor? I remember there being one in OFP. Would be handy getting to know the game.

Thanks!

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2011, 16:47:24 »
Yes there is a pbo decryptor from armaholic I have used before. It works well. It says it's for armed assault, but you can use it for ArmrA II.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1434

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!