Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What about Binoculars  (Read 3383 times)

Mr_Shady

Re:What about Binoculars
« Reply #15 on: 05 Jan 2003, 02:39:34 »
@cero, what about the M21's optics or the gunner's optics on the tanks?
Personally I think a simple pair of zooming binos, a compact pair and a high power set would be nice, I'm not too big on these rangefinder things, most of it seems to be fantasy to me anyway.

Offline woofer

• Members
  • Honi Sout Qui Mal Y Pense
« Reply #16 on: 06 Jan 2003, 23:47:05 »
Kooky,

Range finder bino's are real. The Brit Army has ones made by Leica. You see verticle reticles for adjusting fire (left and right) and a compass. Then there is a button for a laser range finder. Tada.

They're just very expensive. Top tip - get someone else to get them from stores.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #17 on: 06 Jan 2003, 23:56:42 »
I know they're real, but I know for a fact that we'll end up with the really dumb sci-fi ones if someone figures this out... sorry, but I'm a tickler for realism  :)

Mr_Shady

« Reply #18 on: 06 Jan 2003, 23:58:09 »
Ooops, sorry!

That was supposed to read "stickler"  :-\

I'd have edited my last post but it wasn't working for some reason ???

Josef

« Reply #19 on: 08 Jan 2003, 18:35:22 »
Well, h' bou' anew scope for a rifle, one with a NV function that was better than the one in the game and rangefinder zoom and all that...

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #20 on: 10 Jan 2003, 01:27:41 »
The night vision scope for the rifle is in Nomad mod agenda, but it will be a looong time before you see one from us, same gos for the binos.
 About the range finding bussiness, the author of a addon create an addon conforming to what he/she wants, if someone is working in a really modern mod it would be nice to have a electronic range finding sistem, similar to the one in the scope of an OICW, but if you are working in a mod that is based in pass events you want to have a nice set of analog range finding binos, the scope of a Dragunov have range finding capabilitys, and the binos of a tank commander use a similar sistem, markings on the cross hair, the same as the Dragunov scope. So I say we should have them binos, me personaly, I want them in our mod, and like I sed, even if it take us a long time to do, it will be done, at list I hope so.
@cero.
SCREWBY!!!