Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What about Binoculars  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
What about Binoculars
« on: 12 Nov 2002, 15:52:23 »
Has anyone made some binoculars addon yet?

Just thought, there are so cool binoculars out there,
and never have seen anyone making a binoculars addon.

What i mean is: different optics inside the binoculars, where
you probably can have some features then: range finder or
so.

Just an idea  :)

~S~
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Vyper

Re:What about Binoculars
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2002, 22:14:40 »
I had this idea while back but didn't post....this has brought back that idea!

Bino's with adjustable zoom, Optional NOD switch and range finder.....would all be very nice!!

Vyper

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2002, 02:12:33 »
You've exactly got the point of what i mean here  :D

:edit - lol - or was it me, hitting the point, you did think
about earlier (i must say: i started thinking about this
just a few days ago)  :)

~S~ CD
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2002, 02:15:06 by Chris Death »
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2002, 04:50:26 »
How about Telescopes?

JFK

« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2002, 22:10:58 »
with telescops, ud have to still have it over one eye right, but from the outside it wud look gud

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #5 on: 15 Nov 2002, 01:31:43 »
Never heard of scoped binoc's  ??? :P ....except from star wars binoc's  ::) ;D
oh well...

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 15 Nov 2002, 08:02:43 »
Tomb, have you ever noticed that little wheel between
the two optics?

;)

~S~ CD

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #7 on: 16 Nov 2002, 02:02:58 »
 ;Dthat litle wheel is the focusing, zoom binos are really expensive and not in much use by the army, but it would be a great addon.
 Its so many diferent kind of optics aroun nowdays... I would expect to see at list a tank commander set of binos with a range finding utility, no a electronic one, something like that

It would be interesting to get a version of them in russian, I seen them somewhere with russian markings and they could go nicely with the Spetsnaz units.
Later all.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

Pandoz

« Reply #8 on: 19 Dec 2002, 01:41:46 »
Yes some binoculars do have electronic zooming capabilities. Also to have some markings on them like rangefinders that move slightly when u zoom would kick some ass! ummmmm...it shouldnt be too hard to make cause u could just edit the existing Binoc's optics...and if those are butchered up too badly...then just use a scope model of a gun and set the handling points on it such as those of a binocs.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #9 on: 19 Dec 2002, 10:32:36 »
um sorry people but its not possible to make new binocs or night vision. the game dosnt alow it for some reason

Vyper

« Reply #10 on: 21 Dec 2002, 21:15:43 »
Ballistics have just done some new NOD's.....so it is  ;D

Vyper

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #11 on: 22 Dec 2002, 12:00:50 »
ok its just that some one said on another topic that it wasnt possible but i guess it is ;D

Blade

« Reply #12 on: 23 Dec 2002, 11:53:58 »
New Binocs would be nice

Offline SickSidewinder

• Members
  • I hump llamas
    • My New Site
« Reply #13 on: 23 Dec 2002, 23:42:50 »
I tried making a simple adjustable zoom binocular addon, but it didn't work.  It may in fact be impossible.
My site
call Marge.
Re: Horror

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #14 on: 25 Dec 2002, 20:37:45 »
It may be a problem with zooming optics for OFP, I never seen any kind of zooming optics in OFP, so it must be a reason for ir. SickSidewinder, you could try to make some binos with a different feature, just concentrate in the cross bit and see what up. Here is a pic atached for you from Russian military binos, is just the cross hears by the way, they supose to have range finding capabilitys, ideal for tank commander.
Later.
@cero
EDITED: Tallking about tank commander binos, here is a link to some on sale. http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-optics_bins+imports.htm The cross hear is marked to work as  a range finder, and it do work, it should work for the game too.
« Last Edit: 25 Dec 2002, 20:57:11 by @cero »
SCREWBY!!!

Mr_Shady

« Reply #15 on: 05 Jan 2003, 02:39:34 »
@cero, what about the M21's optics or the gunner's optics on the tanks?
Personally I think a simple pair of zooming binos, a compact pair and a high power set would be nice, I'm not too big on these rangefinder things, most of it seems to be fantasy to me anyway.

Offline woofer

• Members
  • Honi Sout Qui Mal Y Pense
« Reply #16 on: 06 Jan 2003, 23:47:05 »
Kooky,

Range finder bino's are real. The Brit Army has ones made by Leica. You see verticle reticles for adjusting fire (left and right) and a compass. Then there is a button for a laser range finder. Tada.

They're just very expensive. Top tip - get someone else to get them from stores.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #17 on: 06 Jan 2003, 23:56:42 »
I know they're real, but I know for a fact that we'll end up with the really dumb sci-fi ones if someone figures this out... sorry, but I'm a tickler for realism  :)

Mr_Shady

« Reply #18 on: 06 Jan 2003, 23:58:09 »
Ooops, sorry!

That was supposed to read "stickler"  :-\

I'd have edited my last post but it wasn't working for some reason ???

Josef

« Reply #19 on: 08 Jan 2003, 18:35:22 »
Well, h' bou' anew scope for a rifle, one with a NV function that was better than the one in the game and rangefinder zoom and all that...

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #20 on: 10 Jan 2003, 01:27:41 »
The night vision scope for the rifle is in Nomad mod agenda, but it will be a looong time before you see one from us, same gos for the binos.
 About the range finding bussiness, the author of a addon create an addon conforming to what he/she wants, if someone is working in a really modern mod it would be nice to have a electronic range finding sistem, similar to the one in the scope of an OICW, but if you are working in a mod that is based in pass events you want to have a nice set of analog range finding binos, the scope of a Dragunov have range finding capabilitys, and the binos of a tank commander use a similar sistem, markings on the cross hair, the same as the Dragunov scope. So I say we should have them binos, me personaly, I want them in our mod, and like I sed, even if it take us a long time to do, it will be done, at list I hope so.
@cero.
SCREWBY!!!