Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to use #include in a description.ext  (Read 6507 times)

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: How to use #include in a description.ext
« Reply #15 on: 07 Oct 2010, 01:10:22 »
No. Why the idea? Never tested?
Why the idea? Because in addons I have looked at paths start with a backslash. You may have noticed also that my comment ended with a question mark. This was to indicate that it was a question.

My next statement will not end with a question mark because it is not a question. text deleted
« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2010, 18:46:07 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!

Offline faguss

• Members
    • Faguss' Website
« Reply #16 on: 07 Oct 2010, 09:31:43 »
Because in addons I have looked at paths start with a backslash.
Then I guess you were checking addons for the wrong game because in OFP if you'll start include path with backslash then the game will crash.

text deleted
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2011, 21:24:36 by faguss »

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #17 on: 07 Oct 2010, 16:27:04 »
Not an addon for the wrong game, but extrapolating from the path required for everything else in addons, but now obviously excluding include statement paths.  Hence the question mark at the end of my original comment.
text deleted
« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2010, 18:46:27 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #18 on: 07 Oct 2010, 17:07:25 »
Okay gents, this thread has fallen below OFPEC's usual standard. Please drop the bickering tone, and stay on topic.

Offline dr. seltsam

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 07 Oct 2010, 19:10:09 »
is there a reason it has to be in the mission?
Code: [Select]
#include "Users\myName\missions\Demo_Zombie.Intro\Zombie\Zombie_Config.hpp"
... This works in the editor, and.. after i exported the mission to multiplayer (it was in the folder MPMissions then) it still worked !!! Very nice. My guess is that it will also work on a dedicated server then. So the preprocessing of the description.ext is done when i load a mission into the editor?

Well.. the drawback is.. i cannot have class cfgSounds or class rscTitles twice. I can have it in the Zombie_Config.hpp or

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #20 on: 07 Oct 2010, 22:44:41 »
I feel you still ought to double-check by either deleting or renaming the un-exported version.

Yes, pre-processing of description.ext is performed on loading the mission in the editor and only on loading - if you make any changes to description.ext you have to re-load to see them, you cannot just preview.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #21 on: 10 Oct 2010, 11:08:04 »
if you make any changes to description.ext you have to re-load to see them, you cannot just preview.

For me, I just "Save" the game to make the game reconize the changes in the description.ext.
And its a better and safer way, in case you've done something stupid in the description.ext and the game has crashed.

Regards,
Haroon1992
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #22 on: 13 Dec 2010, 01:30:20 »
I am forever indebted to this thread and Faguss' answers. Helped me solve a broken addon cross-dependency on a linux ded server.  :good:
urp!