Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: onMapSingleClick? ?  (Read 911 times)

mr.sert

onMapSingleClick? ?
« on: 28 Oct 2002, 12:03:33 »
I downloaded a script that allows you to click on the map where you want your artillery to hit, however being new to scripting what exactly does this mean.

we will use onMapSingleClick to see where the user wants the shell fired.

How do I properly use onMapSingleClick? Just click the map, or press ctrl, alt, or crtl + alt, etc then click. Thanks in advance.....

- Mr. Sert

The_Milky_Bar_Kid

Re:onMapSingleClick? ?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2002, 00:53:33 »
To use that script, simply single click on the map in the game.

Fighting_Sioux

« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2002, 19:16:21 »
I had this script and it worked well, but now I have reinstalled everything for resistance and cant find it.  I have looked through many scripts online and can't find it anymore.

Where did you find it to download?  And didn't it come with a mission to test it out?

Thanks

**** Never mind, I found it ****
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2002, 22:15:34 by Fighting_Sioux »

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2002, 18:20:54 »
I read your post and went and redid the mission (I wrote the artillery with onMapSingleClick script originally).  Please have a look-see at http://www10.brinkster.com/dbircsak/.

The artillery and onMapSingleClick should be a lot easier to see/understand now.

Doolittle

gaultesian

« Reply #4 on: 09 Nov 2002, 20:18:38 »
Doolittle your script is great - really easy to use for us Newbies and very flexible.

However, I was wondering how I can change the overall maximum distance of the Artillery Barrage - I would like to call in an artillery barrage from at least 3 km away.

Any idea how to change or modify your script(s) to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Gaultesian

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
« Reply #5 on: 09 Nov 2002, 22:24:01 »
Yeah that range thing I did stinks.  I rewrote the script and now there is no range restriction.  I will release it as soon as 1.88 is released (I want to make sure it works in multiplayer), which might be next week.

Doolittle

gaultesian

« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2002, 00:14:32 »
Sounds excellent!

I can't wait to get my hands on it - I expermented with it, making up to 12 batteries from varying positions - it is probably the best one I have seen yet - the shells come in at varying times, and then they saturate the area in what I regard as a perfect way.

Also, I want to say thanks DooLittle - I am no programmer, but these scripts is so easy to use and when you have the range changed, it will be a very flexible system.

Thanks again,

Gaultesian