Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: We NEED a "Realistic" OFP MOD  (Read 885 times)

Seldom Seen Slim

We NEED a "Realistic" OFP MOD
« on: 07 Nov 2002, 03:43:52 »
Doesn't anyone else out there want to make a "realistic" OFP mod?  By that I mean basically

(1) more lethal weapons (even 1 body shot from a 5.56mm weapon will immediately kill/incapacitate >90% of the time, and virtually 100% of the time from a full 7.62x51mm NATO round)

(2) less accurate weapons (esp. with SMG's, pistols and AK's), and ones with more recoil.

(3), I should not be able to regularly hit man-sized targets at 400m with a LAW/RPG.  Learn "rocket-drop" and aim slightly to left and it's easy.  Go to Desert Island, get on the big hill, place targets at varrying distances and try it out.

(4) Pistols are WAY too accurace and have WAY too little recoil.  

(5) Tank guns are not powerful enough--1 hit from a T-72/80 or M1A1 will destroy another tank virtually 100% of the time at ranges <1000m.

(6) Not nearly enough recoil on full-auto fire for the battle rifles, such as the FN-FAL.

Also, there needs to be more of a difference between the AK-series, noted for their innaccuracy, and modern Western assault rifles, noted for their accuracy.  For example, according to Dunacn Long in the , M16's out of the box shoot as accurately as M21's (which are accurized M14's).

There was the RED weapons pack that came pretty close to doing this, but I emailed him and he's too busy to do more than what he did to the original game weapons (pre 1.3).  I don't know how to do it myself, although now I'm of a mind to get started.  I just think there should be more interest in this.  And it should not be that hard... just modifying config files, right?

Anyway, this shouldn't bee too hard, so is anyone out there interested?

Skaven

Re:We NEED a "Realistic" OFP MOD
« Reply #1 on: 07 Nov 2002, 11:49:25 »
Please mate use the Trainning Depot for recruiting,not the forum :-\

http://www.ofpec.com/training/index.php

Topic Locked